2007 Import Face-Off schedule...

HybridMT

*Edited post with updated info

2007 schedule and coupon flier below (can be printed off computer and used at show)...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/HybridMT/SchedulepostcardJPGhalf.jpg

Here's some tentative info on the Ohio event, more to be added later...

IMPORT FACE-OFF: Sunday, August 26th at National Trail Raceway ( http://www.NationalTrailRaceway.com ) from 12 pm to 7 pm.

EVENT ACTIVITIES: Car/truck/bike show, $400 hot body contest (call to register), 1/4 mile drag racing, burnout contest, stereo crank it up contest (Usaci double points), vendors, raffles and giveaways, professional midget wrestling (http://www.Bloodymidgets.com), Mixed Martial Arts exhibition (open submission grappling competition), DJs, auto cross, plus much more.

SHOW CLASSES: Best Interior, Best Paint/Finish, Best Engine Bay, Best Display, Best Mitsubishi, Best Toyota, Best Scion, Best Nissan, Best Mazda, Best Euro, Best Civic (mild), Best Civic (wild), Best Other Honda (mild), Best Other Honda (wild), Best Acura (mild), Best Acura (wild), Best Other Import (Subaru, Hyundai, etc.), Best Domestic Sports Compact, Best Domestic Car, Best Domestic Truck/SUV, Best Import Truck/SUV, Best Luxury, Best Exotic, Best Underconstruction, Best Club Participation, Best Club Representation $200, Best of Show $300. Additional classes and/or places to be added on day of event depending on participation.

DRAG CLASSES AND PAYOUTS

FWD Quick 8 $1000 (FWD 4 cyl only, slicks and open exhaust OK)

Street Class Quick 8 $800 (4/6 cyl, or rotary only, DOT tires and muffler required)

All Motor Quick 4 $400 (4/6 cyl or rotary, n/a engines only, slicks & open exhaust OK)

Bracket 14.99 and Faster $200 (any import or sport compact)

Bracket 15.00 and Slower $200 (any import or sport compact)

Motorcycle Bracket $100 (any motorcycle of import origin)

*full fields required for full payout

SHOW PRICES:

Spectator $13 with flyer (regular $15)

Test and Tune Drag racer $20 - open to any make/model

Competition Drag racer $30 - imports or sport compacts only

Car Show Entry $25 - Burn out contest FREE

Stereo Crank It Up Info: http://www.SoundOff.org

Event info: http://www.ImportFaceOff.net

We will need help passing out fliers. If anyone would like to help, please email your name and mailing address to hybridentertainment78@yahoo.com. Promoters are assigned a number and are paid on commission, $2 for every flier that comes in with your number on it. Spectators bring in the fliers because of the $2 off admission coupon. Checks are mailed out within a week after the event.

What a fucking joke.

No rotary engines allowed, 4 cyl FWD only. And they call this "import face-off"? Might as well be called econobox face-off.

Seriously!? WTF!? Then to hell with that... :finger:

Hell, my car is more "import" than most of the ones that'll be there. Fully built in Japan and shipped here. Most cars now and days aren't even built in their own countries anymore. Is the Civic built here now? I know many are, ie; Camry, etc.

Last time I went to trails for some event like this with the RX 7, I was eye fucked and leg humped so much by the kids that it was embarrassing. Don't get me wrong, I really like my car, but I would have expected that from a Ferrari or Lambo. I was bone stock at the time. The FWD thing is as dumb as having an age limit.

What a fucking joke.

Rotarded, apparently you are having trouble understanding the race rules.

Rotaries are allowed, just not in the FWD (FRONT WHEEL DRIVE) class. There are 5 other classes beside FWD Quick 8.

Here's a summary of the rules from the website. Hopefully they are not too complicated to understand this time. If anyone has any questions, just ask.

FWD QUICK 8 HEADS UP - payout = 1st $600, R/U $200, 2nd R/U $100, 3rd R/U $100

Heads-Up, Pro-tree (.400) class for FWD only, import or domestic sport compact unibody chassis vehicles with functional doors. Tube chassis prohibited. Slicks allowed. Only 4-cylinder entries allowed. No air-cooled or rotary entries permitted. No restriction on power adder type or combination thereof. *Must have 8 qualifiers for full payout. Less than eight will receive half the normal payout. Qualifiers must run 13.49 or faster.

STREET CLASS QUICK 8 HEADS UP - payout = 1st $600, R/U $200

Heads –Up Pro-tree (.400) class for Unibody vehicles with functional doors. Tube chassis prohibited. D.O.T tires allowed. Racing slicks are prohibited. Muffler required. Any 4 and 6 cylinder, 2 rotor and 3 rotor entries allowed. No air-cooled entries permitted. No restriction on power adder type or combination thereof. Any transmission allowed. *Must have 8 qualifiers for full payout. Less than eight will receive half the normal payout. Qualifiers must run 13.49 or faster.

ALL MOTOR QUICK 8 HEADS UP - payout = 1st $300, 2nd $100

Heads-Up, Pro-tree (.400) class for naturally aspirated stock import chassis FWD vehicles and/or FWD and RWD vehicles from any other manufacturer allowed. Slicks allowed for FWD only. RWD limited to DOT approved tires. No power adders allowed. Import vehicles may run 4, 5, & 6 cyclinder motors, as well as 2, 3, and 4 rotor motors. Domestic manufactured vehicles are limited to 4 cylinder engines. *Must have 4 qualifiers for full payout. Less than four cars will receive half the normal payout. Qualifiers must run 14.49 or faster.

BRACKET CLASSES

Bracket class is for any import or FWD domestic sport compact vehicle. Any 4, 5, 6, 8 cylinder and 2 or 3 Rotor import manufacturer engine allowed. Air-cooled entries allowed. No restriction on power adder type or combination thereof. Any transmission allowed. Slicks or DOT tires allowed. Any type of exhaust allowed. Motorcycles must be of import origin. RWD Domestic V8s prohibited.

BRACKET ET1: ET-Handicapped eliminator (dial-in) using a Sportsman-Tree (.500) for cars running 15.00 & slower. Payout = $150 1st, $50 R/U

BRACKET ET2: ET-Handicapped eliminator (dial-in) using a Sportsman-Tree (.500) for cars 14.99 and faster. Payout = $150, $50 R/U

BRACKET ET3: ET-Handicapped eliminator (dial-in) using a Sportsman-Tree (.500) for motorcycles. Payout = $100 - Less than 10 bikes will receive half the payout

BURNOUT CONTEST - Open to any cars or bikes, import or domestic. Listen to track announcer for entry instructions. Payout = $100, judged on crowd applause.

I'm not having any trouble reading. I can read the word "edit" very well. Once you added more information, that cleared up a few things.

Maybe you should have posted more than just dates and locations, so you wouldn't have to edit to show more info. I know I didn't care enough about it to look it up.

I stand corrected. There are bracket classes.

$600 winners payout for FWD quick eight.(4cyl)

$150 winners payout for 14.99 or faster 4, 5, 6, 8 cylinder and 2 or 3 Rotor import FWD, AWD, or RWD.

Most of us would be spending more than that in gas alone.

Again, What a fucking joke.

I'm not having any trouble reading. I can read the word "edit" very well. Once you added more information, that cleared up a few things.

Maybe you should have posted more than just dates and locations, so you wouldn't have to edit to show more info. I know I didn't care enough about it to look it up.

The rules are clearly stated on the website and haven't been edited. If anyone doesn't understand them or has opinions/suggestions, email IFO instead of bitching on a public forum and causing everyone else to get confused.

$600 winners payout for FWD 4 cyl quick eight.

$150 winners payout for 14.99 or faster 4, 5, 6, 8 cylinder and 2 or 3 Rotor import FWD, AWD, or RWD.

The way I look at it is a glorified track rental. The attendance of cars is usually really low so it is an opportunity to get a lot of passes in at NTR (which is otherwise impossible on a Friday night :( )

$600 winners payout for FWD 4 cyl quick eight.

$600 payout to Street Class winner too. The heads up classes ALWAYS pay higher than the bracket classes at EVERY event, not just this one. The bracket classes are for kids in their mom's accords. Heads up are the real classes. Anyone running 12s or faster should race heads up.

This is the only import money race in the Columbus area with legitimate classes and rules, yet all the bitching... ??

Again, if anyone has any suggestions/opinions, or legitimate complaints, email IFO at hybridentertainment78@yahoo.com So far the complaints are edited posts to help the confused, and that brackets are paid less than heads up. Sorry, but that's not going to change. It's like that at every race at every track in the world.

Keep editing your posts. You'll have it right in no time. -1 for great event.

The mods should set a time limit to allow post editing so that kind of stuff can't happen. It gets really confusing.

what has been edited to make you confused? The only thing edited was ADDING the real rules to clear up the confusion Rotarded started when he posted the wrong rules. Nothing was deleted or changed.

$600 winners payout for FWD quick eight.(4cyl)

Most of us would be spending more than that in gas alone.

Rotarded, will you be racing in the Street Quick 8 heads up class, or one of the bracket classes?

/\ Mike? What are you confused about? Again, email us at hybridentertainment78@yahoo.com if you have any questions, suggestions, etc.

I should not have put my comments in this thread as it was more of a general forum concern. Your initial post started without the rules, then had them next time I was on, and then they were erased again. It isn't a big deal and I am not confused. Again, my comment was more general in nature.

Quit trying to make it look like you didn't edit your post from "you all need to learn how to read", to "Rotarded, apparently you are having trouble understanding the race rules", after I call you out on not pasting the details for the event people questioned. No one has said anything about the site not reading right or your link having bad info. IT YOUR POST"S I was referring to. Can I be any more clear? Shit, you could have just left it as it was and no one would have gave a damn. Now you caught me bored at work and I'm nit picking the hell out of your post.

Quit trying to make it look like you didn't edit your post from "you all need to learn how to read"

Never posted that. If did, it would have been more along the lines of... reading comprehension > you... but again, didn't post that, lol.

I'm nit picking the hell out of your post.

exactly, don't mind though, lol.

Thanks

Cliff

No one has said anything about the site not reading right or your link having bad info. IT YOUR POST"S I was referring to. Can I be any more clear?

so what about the post is confusing you? The dates/locations and website address with all the info were and still are clearly posted.

I'm bored at work too, lol. :D

Sorry for keeping you in suspense. I did some work. I like to argue I bit, but you and I both know what you posted, and then edited. By you, I mean you typed it. Not you pasted it. My quotes in the posts above show exactly what I mean.

Again, because I want you to be clear on this, When I say you edited your post. I'm referring to your original post before you changed it. That would be post #1 and post #6 in this thread. Post #1 ORIGINALLY did not include anything more than the date and location with a link. Then you copy and pasted from the link location. I can split hairs on this all day. It's no bit deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojoe

Quit trying to make it look like you didn't edit your post from "you all need to learn how to read"

Never posted that. If did, it would have been more along the lines of... reading comprehension > you... but again, didn't post that, lol.

This is easy. You're lying.

I'm referring to your original post before you changed it. That would be post #1 ... Post #1 ORIGINALLY did not include anything more than the date and location with a link.

/\that's right and that's all it includes now, so what are you complaining about? AGAIN, the dates/locations and website address with all the info were and still are clearly posted. The rules were posted on # 6 to clear up the confusion. Nothing was deleted.

This is easy. You're lying.

"you all need to learn how to read" - I honestly don't think I posted that, even if did, what's the big deal? He obviously misread, misunderstood, whatever. I think he and everyone else understands now that I posted the actual rules instead of how someone chooses to interpret them.