looking for a gym.

Skinner

Ok so so since the begining of feb I have been on a diet and working out at home and with great sucess I have lost 25 lbs (was 212 and now 190). Now I want to set up my workout and burn about another 15 to 20 also my wife is wanting to start to work out seeing the results I have had so far.

Now what I am looking for is a gym on the westside/Dublin. since my wife and I will both be going the gym needs to have daycare available. Also I work late nights so the gym needs to be open late or 24/7. I also would like a pool I want to add swimming to my workout.

I heard the gym up on sawmill and hard is great and has everything we are looking for (think there was a thread about it). Not sure if it was lifetime or life style.

Just lookin for option/opinions of gyms and personal expirences both good and bad.

Worlds gym

I agree. Been to a few of them and they are more of a workout facility than a place to pick up babes. The one in Pickerington has day care , but I am not sure about the one on your side of town.

Ive been a member of worlds for a while now, only recently since Jan started going on a regularly/daily basis. It's nice and cheap but I dont think it fits what you need. I think the daycare only goes until 6 or 7, maybe earlier. There's no pool, but its open till 11. The only place that fits your description and is in that general area is LifeTime. Pool, Daycare, open 24/7, etc... I cant remember what they quoted my brother when he asked for his two girls, I think there's some sort of time limit on daycare but its nothing too short maybe an hour or two. Plenty of time to do what you need to do.

How much are you looking to spend on a membership?

oh and congrats on your weight loss so far.

GOld Gym on Hilliard Rome is Huge.

That place scares me though. I wouldnt (as a woman) want to go in there. (He mentioned his wife wanting to go as well)

I wish there was a Fitworks here. I loved gym. It was great going in to the blacklight Theater and watching a movie while running on the treadmill. U kinda forgot you were working out.

The only thing i wish they had, was a pool.

i worked out at world's on hilliard for a couple years--its great for a guy who wants to lift, and use cardio equipment. they've got every weight you could need, and are not generally crowded at all, even in peak hours. my wife did not like it because they have NO cardio classes (spinning, aerobics, step, etc.), and some of the women are intimidating to skinnier girls. there are some real 'woMEN' there if you know what i mean. also some of the roided out guys can be douches at times (one guy refused to spot one of my buddies, because he was only benching 185??). they do have daycare though.

i've worked out at lifetime when it was california fitness. i currently work out at the YMCA in hilliard. the wife loves it for all the classes, they have a pool, a gym with basketball, plenty of cardio machines, and decent weights (dumbbells only to 100!!).

the gold's on hilliard rome looks MASSIVE, but i try to avoid that area at around 4-7pm due to high traffic--and that's when i like to work out.

good luck

Well I work at the lifestyle in Hilliard. Our kids club is opened from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. then re-opens 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. All of the memberships at the gym are month to month meaning we don't ask for a two year contract with you like golds gym does. The sawmill location is in the process of putting in a pool, basketball courts, and basketball courts. There are lifestyles all over. Hilliard, Easton, Sawmill, Downtown, New Albany, Etc... check there website for all of them. All group fitness classes are included in the memberships. There a whole list of them. The membership that you would want that includes kids club and all lifestyle locations is 51.99 a month for you and 34.99 for your wife and 14.99 for anybody else you would add on to it. If you have anymore questions about it let me know. I am a personal trainer there so i can tell you all the good and bad and inbetweens of the place. I also won't try to feed you the bullshit that the sales people (membership consultants) will if you go into one and ask for information on memberships. Oh yea mon-fri 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. sat - sun 8 a.m. 8 p.m.

I am a member at the Westerville Athletic Club. I get 2 free memberships through my apartment complex. They just re-opened the Premier at Sawmill, but I have heard a lot of people don't like it. Locker rooms are much smaller. I know a lot of the Sawmill people are still coming to Westerville.

I am a member at the Westerville Athletic Club. I get 2 free memberships through my apartment complex. They just re-opened the Premier at Sawmill, but I have heard a lot of people don't like it. Locker rooms are much smaller. I know a lot of the Sawmill people are still coming to Westerville.

That's just a refaced Sawmill Athletic Club. I always heard it was really expensive for a membership there, even compared to places like LifeTime. Besides if you live in dublin, dublin rec center is really nice.