• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nevermind. One is a gt vin, and I bet the other is a lemon :mad:

So camaro it is...

http://images.autotrader.com/images/2006/11/21/212/906/1251556975.212906414.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Thats looks nice. Any mods done already?

Nevermind. One is a gt vin, and I bet the other is a lemon :mad:

So camaro it is...

I know where that is! I didn't see that when I was there.. it must of been hiding.. other wise i would have bought it.. haha.. +1 for the Camaro

Yeah, $15K for an 03 Cobra would make me suspicious. Though, if you could find one (that wasn't obviously jacked up), then that would be the way to go in terms of bang-for-the-buck modability. With a pulley and a tune (i.e., about, oh, $300), you can easily put down in the area of 450rwhp. Add just a small (read: SAFE) dry shot to that (for a total of, say, $700 more for the nitrous kit), and your pushing 500rwhp all day long, and that's plenty enough to own 85 percent of the cars you'll come across on the highway. Believe me, I know. :)

And you're turboing your car why??

Ran into financial troubles so I had to unload the turbo kit. I'm probably just going back to some sort of spray combo for this year.

Twin GT35Rs have pushed over 1000hp on cobras though. That's what I wanted to happen.

I hope it satisfies me for this season. Less than I planned, but at this rate I'll be happy just to drive the thing again.

Brian, I found an '03 DSG Cobra in Iowa for $18k. It's over on svtperformance if you want to look.

Damn, 600+whp and 700+wtq would more than satisfy me I'd think, but then again my fastest car to date was only pushing 350whp and 380wtq, so double that sounds like a lot.

The funny part is that after you run that for a few months you'll want more ;) I bet by mid summer Tilley will be like "lets shoot for 2000rwhp" LOL!!

Brian, I found an '03 DSG Cobra in Iowa for $18k. It's over on svtperformance if you want to look.

Buy it. Immediately. :)

The funny part is that after you run that for a few months you'll want more ;) I bet by mid summer Tilley will be like "lets shoot for 2000rwhp" LOL!!

LOL, yeah, for sure, I'll try to get as much as I can out of a glorified dyno pass, but, for the street, I running in the area of 750rwhp will be plenty for most days/nights.

Honestly, the 03 Cobras are monsters when it comes to modability. Also, they're heavy, but sturdy. The LS1 is, of course, a god amongst engines, but, they tend to be a bit more fickle, and they simply cannot compete with the 03 Cobra in terms of modability for the buck.

Buy it. Immediately. :)

LOL, yeah, for sure, I'll try to get as much as I can out of a glorified dyno pass, but, for the street, I running in the area of 750rwhp will be plenty for most days/nights.

Honestly, the 03 Cobras are monsters when it comes to modability. Also, they're heavy, but sturdy. The LS1 is, of course, a god amongst engines, but, they tend to be a bit more fickle, and they simply cannot compete with the 03 Cobra in terms of modability for the buck.

750 is more than enough!!! I know my street numbers will be at least 100rwhp less than my dyno numbers.

Modding ls1's are way too expensive. I could have got another car for the amount it cost me to buy mods. If I had a Cobra I would be done, rather than debating on what I'm going to do with my block.

Modding ls1's are way too expensive. I could have got another car for the amount it cost me to buy mods. If I had a Cobra I would be done, rather than debating on what I'm going to do with my block.

Yeah, my perspective is that, with the LSx motors, you're essentially running on borrowed time after you start modding them substantially on the stock bottom end. Honestly, with the exception of Linn's LS1, I don't know of another LSx handling that kind of beating on the stock bottom end without popping. Sure, sometimes, like him, you get lucky and get a freakish block, but, still, it's just a matter of time. I guess the same could be said for the 03's bottom ends, but you need to apply less "stress" (e.g., less spray) in order to make the same (or better) numbers - as a result, they tend to be more durable.

Thats a definite. I hope and pray I have a freakish block.. but if not the fuel cell will add on to my borrowed time.

Hal, I'll have my brother log on there when he gets here. At that price its worth the drive (or flight).