SCCA know it alls

AJ

decided to start over from scrach on my roll cage and have a few questions if any of you can help me out. i know that the cage has to be 1 3/4 but i don't know what type of tube and the wall thickness. i looked on there web site but couldn't find anything. i know they want a 4 point so would this be legal? (see pic below) and what about an angled cross bar?

http://www.camaroheaven.org/images/auto_gallery/camaro/refresh/camaro_rebuild679.jpg

.120" wall DOM tubing is what you need for SCCA. Not sure what a 4 point would be legal for, what class and type of tracking are you looking to do. Also, the rear down bars cannot have any bends, the tubes in your pic won't be legal.

don't know what class my car will fit into yet. most of the time it will just be auto-x but the car will see some road racing in different states and some mid-ohio track stuff. is .120 DOM what Jegs sells? i know its the hardest stuff to bend that i've ever used. good lookin out on the rear down bars, looks like a sure thing me not having back seats anymore. maybe something more along the lines of this?

http://www.camaroheaven.org/images/auto_gallery/camaro/refresh/camaro_rebuild015.jpg

Jeg's might carry .120" wall, I prefer to deal with Tubular Techniques though. They have anything you would need for a cage in stock and can bend very precisely.

The pic in your second post would be better but a single diagonal between the two down bars along with a harness bar and a diagonal hoop brace would be optimal. I would highly recommend a full cage for the speeds your car will be capable, it may be a hassle to get in and out of the car, but not as much of a hassle getting in and out of a wheel chair.

Jeg's might carry .120" wall, I prefer to deal with Tubular Techniques though. They have anything you would need for a cage in stock and can bend very precisely.

The pic in your second post would be better but a single diagonal between the two down bars along with a harness bar and a diagonal hoop brace would be optimal. I would highly recommend a full cage for the speeds your car will be capable, it may be a hassle to get in and out of the car, but not as much of a hassle getting in and out of a wheel chair.

Victory tubing in Cleveland is about half the cost of tubular techniques and they deliver. They stock anything you could ever want, there where I get my 4130.

how much is it a foot at tubular techniques and Victory tubing? 1 3/4 .120

Tinman- i know what two bars your taking about, i had them in my old cage. i had a 12 point cage in it i just didn't like how it made the drivers seat fit si thus the redo.

Nate- i'll make an note and let you know if i need anything thanks for the offer.

Guest vee21
don't know what class my car will fit into yet.

A word of caution here. The SCCA has very defined classes for road racing. In auto-x they will find a place to put your car. In road racing if you do not meet the requirements for a specific class it is unlikey that you will be able to race with them. The only exception to this is ITX, it is a catch all class. ITX is a regional only class and not all regions allow them to run at there races.

Shad