FU non global warming people

dragknee66

thank you satan for giving me another article that helps show what I was talking about:

About 90 percent of the world's fresh water is locked in the thick ice cap that covers Antarctica; if it all melts, scientists estimate it could cause a 23-foot rise in world sea levels. Even a 39-inch sea level rise could cause havoc in coastal and low-lying areas around the globe, according to a World Bank study released this week.

"Because climate is changing, we need to be able to predict what's going to happen to the Antarctic ice sheet," said Fricker, of the Scripps Institute of Oceanography and the University of California, San Diego.

That is one theroy on the subject that worries me. Do yourself a favor. Do a little research on the subject. Research the model that takes into effect the oceans current drasticly changing due to the introduction of massive ammounts of fresh water.

The truth is, bud, no one knows.
Yup we done fucked it up so much ever our smartest people dont know whats going to happen. lol

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) I heard there is record snow fall in the polar regions.

2) I heard polar bear population is up 60% and rules on hunting them are about to go into effect to control the increasing population.

3) Who cares if a polar bear drowns. Shouldn't have went out that far anyway.

Mostly just making a point that your news told you what you want to hear and that my news told me what I want to hear. Science or politics? you decide.

Evan

1)Doesnt matter when the shit melts.

2)Polor bear population is up in public areas due to the fact they are having to venture into these areas in their search for food.

3) a: you should care because your children and their children will. b:They have to go out that far becaue their food and hunting grounds are disappearing.

Lol don't care at all about my childrens children's earth. I live now and thats all thats really going to matter to me anyway. I'm starting to agree with Rush about global warming becomming the religion of the godless libs. Scientists even did a study on what happens if it warms to much and they found that it would cycle like it has over and over and if we all die in the process there probably wasn't anything we could do about it anyway. Oh well probably more crap to stirr things up anyway. Watched that one on one of the science channels so who knows.

Evan

Here's a thought. What are the possibilities of hemisphere change? I mean weather wise. I think there could be a season shift that takes place over thousands of years. What are peoples thoughts on this?

I highly agree with this. I was just talking about this a month ago. When its 70 out in the winter, whats it going to do years from now. I cant believe the weather sometimes.

I really didnt give a whole lot of opinion because I am preoccupied with a 7 year old sitting on my lap. Id like to hear more also.

3) a: you should care because your children and their children will. b:They have to go out that far becaue their food and hunting grounds are disappearing.

Ah... the sake of your childrens children argument. Good one Mary!

This tactic has been used for centuries and it has not improved one god-damn thing or proven any postulate. You should be proud of the non-accomplishment you have made.

Seriously, read up on what happened, oh, I don't know, 200 years or so ago and get just a little perspective.

Maybe the bears just find it easier to eat the garbage. Has that ever crossed your mind? Do you know these polar bear counters? Any chance they have an agenda you are not familiar with? Why would you believe anything they say without doing a little research yoruself? Lazy? Inept? Or just already biased and find it much more CONVENIENT?

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

but a overwhelming majority of scientists believe in the human effect of global warming.

Aside from sidestepping the original comment of EVERY scientist and now inserting "overwhelming majority" how do you know? Someone tell you or you read this and chose to beleive it? what evidence do YOU have of this?

Please folks... make your argument... BUT...

Generalizations such as "they all" or "Every" automatically ruin and defeat whatever it is you say to follow.

Distortions, inflating your deflating a point likewise show a bias and undermines your positions foundation.

Lastly, deletions, omitting certain facts, such as the world has been warmer and colder in the past, leave you standing on one leg.

So please... check your position for generalizations, distortions and deletions before making your case.

but a overwhelming majority of scientists believe in the human effect of global warming.

The overwhelming majority of people in 1930 Germany thought it was a good idea to eliminate the Jews. And in early America alot of people thought slavery was the right idea. Just because alot or a majority of people believe something does not make it right.

Ah... the sake of your childrens children argument. Good one Mary!

This tactic has been used for centuries and it has not improved one god-damn thing or proven any postulate. You should be proud of the non-accomplishment you have made.

Seriously, read up on what happened, oh, I don't know, 200 years or so ago and get just a little perspective.

Maybe the bears just find it easier to eat the garbage. Has that ever crossed your mind? Do you know these polar bear counters? Any chance they have an agenda you are not familiar with? Why would you believe anything they say without doing a little research yoruself? Lazy? Inept? Or just already biased and find it much more CONVENIENT?

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

You sir have no idea how the 'childrens children' statement has created the world around us and made our lives healthier.

My father said to me once that their parents generations motto was "The solution to pollution is dillution." Meaning they throw all their shit in the rivers, lakes, streams and the ocean. Its amazing how much better Lake Erie looks now then it did in the 60's or how about the Ohio river? I might even consider taking a swim in there now.

So that statement hasn't done anything? BS my friend, BS.

Lead based paint? Good thing someone got ride of that, I doubt you would still be around (We know how much you like putting things in your mouth).

Asbestos? Good thing some of our family members died of cancer for us to know that this substance is pretty dangerous (Make sure your school didn't have any wrapped around the pipes!)

We'll go way back here, someone somewhere along the way decided, our children need trees. We can't keep clear cutting EVERY single region because sooner or later we are going to run out. Wouldn't our children love to have a tire swing under that nice big oak tree? So they came up with an idea similar to crop rotation and selective cutting.

We must look to our nations children and say "We need to change ______" because they are the future much like you where.

I guess I can't believe you wouldn't think that someone was thinking of you once when they decided "Hey this is bad and we need to do something about it."

The overwhelming majority of people in 1930 Germany thought it was a good idea to eliminate the Jews. And in early America alot of people thought slavery was the right idea. Just because alot or a majority of people believe something does not make it right.

An overwhelming majority of people also thought that killing jews in Germany was a bad idea.

An overwhelming majority of people also felt that slavery was a bad idea.

That was tough....

Aside from sidestepping the original comment of EVERY scientist and now inserting "overwhelming majority" how do you know? Someone tell you or you read this and chose to beleive it? what evidence do YOU have of this?

Please folks... make your argument... BUT...

Generalizations such as "they all" or "Every" automatically ruin and defeat whatever it is you say to follow.

Distortions, inflating your deflating a point likewise show a bias and undermines your positions foundation.

Lastly, deletions, omitting certain facts, such as the world has been warmer and colder in the past, leave you standing on one leg.

So please... check your position for generalizations, distortions and deletions before making your case.

Fact: Polar ice caps are melting.

Fact: If said ice caps melt it will raise sea level.

Fact: Levels of CO2 are rising (someone brought up that it was hotter back when the dinosaurs where around, thats because of the high levels of CO2! OMFG!)

Fact: CO2 emissions, From burning oil, are a MAJOR contributor to the rising levels of CO2.

Fact: The world does change poles.

Fact: Humans REALLY don't know that much about the weather/climate changes of earth. (Could this be a cyclical thing? Humans haven't been keeping records long enough or well enough to really understand it)

Take away Global warming for a moment. With with the amount of pollutants floating, swimming and shoveled over. Would you honestly want to breath that in? Would you want to take a dive in that river? Would you want to build your house over that landfill?

More Facts......

1 Fahrenheit invented the Thermometer in 1724.

2 Record of temperatures were not kept until 1890 or so.

3 earth is 4.5 billion years old

I ain't bothering to calculate what percentage 200 years is of 4.5 billion, point is that the data that we have is at best totally inconclusive.

Here is an interesting site I found talking about global temperature. Cores fro the ice on th south pole have been taken that go back 420000 years and are displayed at the bottom. If you click on the smaller graph you can slide the yellow box and go back that far.

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Study/Paleoclimatology_IceCores/

Now be you religous of be you not, the earth was mostly tropical at one point. iBible talks of Eden being a tropical paradise, and things have been found in Alaska that science says could not have got there if it weren't warm at some point.

Now, religion aside, our beautiful state of Ohio has many of it's geographic features from the Ice Age, where ice a mile thick or better covered the entire state and went clear down to the Smokey mountains which were created by the ice according to science. Now of course the ice is gone and melted away. Who is to say that this event of the ice melting is not still taking place today. It's melting, and it hasn't ever grew since it started melting as far as science can tell. I can't sit here and say the planet is not changing, it is. Acre's of land are added yearly by volcano's. While land slides and erosion move earth from north to south across the USA from the Ohio down the Mississippi and into the Atlantic. The planet is in constant change, and we are simply along for the ride.

Those that choose to follow the global warming movement, the global cooling movement that came before it, and every other global catastrophy that comes down the line. Be warned, at some point some day, just like Peter, you are going to be right, and you are going to cry wolf and no one will come because your bad science 'facts' based on opinions and all the rest of it will have tired the reasonable, forward thinking masses of people that we will not even care.

Take away Global warming for a moment. With with the amount of pollutants floating, swimming and shoveled over. Would you honestly want to breath that in? Would you want to take a dive in that river? Would you want to build your house over that landfill?

Exactly how I think of it. I don't care if global warming is a myth or real, it's just plain common sense to try to keep the world clean for our own benefit.

BUT I DONT KARE ABOWT DUH URF, IM LVIN NOW AN I WANNA RYD MAH CHEBBY!!!!

Why are educated people trying to argue with rednecks about global warming? I just had a guy make a horrible analogy involving opening pop cans, only to have him turn around and try and say 'Haha! you fell into my trap!" by blurting out something about recycling.

You're all not worth it, and your ignorance is destroying the world we live in.

by left do you mean the entire scientific community?

sorry to people who think its not our fault, but it is. the rise in temperature is directly proportional to co2 levels. its not an issue of if its happening, its more: how bad will it be?

I do agree there are issues but it seems to me sometimes the tree huggers go overboard. it seems that no extreme is every 100% right. thats why i ment about the far left

fact. ill find the link where i read it but its 3 in the a.m. so ill do it later. factorys in china have had more of an effect on the polution of the world and global warming, then suvs in america but one blame is totally blammed on suvs and high gas burning vehicles. think about that. but its our suvs not the factorys doing it. i call bull shit. second fact the average earths temperature change in the last 500 years or so was ONE MILLIONTH of a degree increase..........yea u read that right. along with us having record lows in temperature in our area alone. man those heavy poluting suvs are really taking a toll on the earths temp. the earth was made to change temperatures. its called nature. the theory of global warming needs to be let go. its been talked about for way too long and nothing we do is going to change the way temperatures are going.

An overwhelming majority of people also thought that killing jews in Germany was a bad idea.

An overwhelming majority of people also felt that slavery was a bad idea.

That was tough....

I have most likely forgot more about WWII history than you know... I have studied it for about 20 years.

The people of Germany knew, they condoned it. The NY times reported what was happening in the 1930's. The elimination of the Jews was outlined in Mein Kampf wriiten in the 20's. Hitler outlined his plans more than a decade before the death camps. Dont believe every thing that is on you high school text books. The people of Germany knew, and condoned it. The Jews were moved by the train loads never to be seen again.

After WWI the people of Germany were in such bad financial condition they looked for a scape goat for there feelings. The were angered at the "November criminals" and the rules of surrender that were negotiated restricting the military. Along comes a short guy from Austria that says your problems are due to the Jews we need to get rid of them. They gain power in the Richestag with that platform. The Beer halls of the 20's were filled with this sentiment given by the Nazis.

Would the average German kill a Jew them self, most likely no. As long as someone else did it they turned a blind eye.

On to the slavery. It began around 1619 in Virgina the first slaves were most likely indentured servants. By the early 1700's slaves were critical to the economy of Virgina. Due to the economic impact of the slave A LOT of people thought is was a good idea. I did not say all of the people, I said A LOT of people.

That was easy!

The way I see it the global warming people are "causeiods"...

You will jump on a band wagon cause when it comes down the street. Ever notice how the left wing causes come and go. The Baby Seals, No Nukes, Save the Wales, Make Love Not War, on and on. Just wait five or ten years.... you will have another cause to be a "causeiod" about.

The way I see it the global warming people are "causeiods"...

You will jump on a band wagon cause when it comes down the street. Ever notice how the left wing causes come and go. The Baby Seals, No Nukes, Save the Wales, Make Love Not War, on and on. Just wait five or ten years.... you will have another cause to be a "causeiod" about.

I have certainly heard enough of this "science" - V8KILR is right - these same scientists were proclaiming anither ICE AGE was imminent in 1978!!! (for the younger of you who were not alive for that trial indoctrination).

Are we going through a period of warming - YES! Guess what, the sun is currently getting hotter - scientists who study Mars have found it has a rise in temperature that is comparable to the rise on Earth. "little green men farts?!?!?!

The arrogance of man and some scientists thinking that they can actually destroy the earth is laughable. Cows have more harmful emissions than man can generate. One large volcanic eruption can put out more harmful chemicals than we've been able to produce in man's pathetically short time on this planet.

Don't get me wrong, we should live responsibly, but let's get China. Mexico and the third world countries to clean up their industries to the level of the US's before we try and cripple our economy while the rest of the world spews filth.

I would say, just follow the money and the power. A lot of this is driven by liberals at the UN who have an axe to grind with America (despite the fact we offer the only safe place on earth for them to meet and pontificate). Also, scientists who spout unproven theories get more grant money to try and prove them. Al Gore doesn't seem to live a life in tune with what he preaches - and is buying "carbon credits" from himself and some business partner that mean nothing - except he's paying himself to look good.

For myself, I think I'll just try and use only as much as I need (within reason), try not to make a mess where I live and work, and enjoy my non-hybrid vehicle!

By the way - a little more reading for you:

http://www.junkscience.com/Greenhouse/