Gemini Pkwy (Polaris)

SlowZ06

I've heard all the stories, yet every morning I've blasted through there at speeds I won't admit to on a public forum. I'm usually through there at about 6:30am; and since that exit to Gemini opened, I had NEVER seen a cop there. This morning, a state trooper was hiding just before Tire Discounters. I was running about 60 MPH, (it's a 35 zone) and he spotlighted me... but let me continue on. Cool cop, but now since I know all the stories are true, I'll pass that information along. :)

Yep.. people FLY through there (me included). Normal cruising speed on a road that open is about 50 MPH. WHY they made it 35.. I don't know. It sucks though.

Actually, wait.. I don't care anymore. I work on Cleveland ave now so I don't need to travel Gemini anymore! :).

Wow yeah I've never ever seen a cop there. and I've blasted down there at a pretty decent rate of speed guess I will have to leave on time to work so I won't have to speed down there

I work at Tire Discounters and the past 2 weeks from 6am-11am there are usually 2 state highway cars sitting in the church entrance. averaging 20-25 stops per morning. yes the 35mph seems slow but you wouldnt believe the wrecks i see right outside work when the polaris light gets backed up.

I've seen a black Corvette do more than 120 down that stretch of road. :)

Actually, thanks for the heads-up on this one. I'm regularly on that road, and I regularly drive faster than 35mph. (Yeah, it seems kind of low as a speed limit for that stretch, but I imagine they did it with the eventual/expected development in mind.) I'll keep a closer eye on my speed through there from now on.

I've seen them sit at the church entrance before, but typically not at the times I go through. I was moving with the flow on the way home today probably around 50mph through there and I was still passed by a couple cars.

he's been waiting just for you..... ;)

I've seen a black Corvette do more than 120 down that stretch of road. :)

Actually, thanks for the heads-up on this one. I'm regularly on that road, and I regularly drive faster than 35mph. (Yeah, it seems kind of low as a speed limit for that stretch, but I imagine they did it with the eventual/expected development in mind.) I'll keep a closer eye on my speed through there from now on.

funny to see this thread today. I was on gemini last night around 9:30 (between the river and polaris) when this dude just flew out onto the road about a two blocks infront of me. He was being followed by three police cars. The very last of the police cars did a very nice drift/burnout.

Wonder who they were after? Any of you?