Byers Dublin Chevrolet FTL!

V8 Beast

I have never seen a group of people so unwilling to work with customers, while acting like they are doing a lot for you.

My brother and I had a simple goal, get a car with his name on the paperwork. This way he could build credit, and have a nice car at the same time. So we go up there and they make it seem like everything is fine. Then they ask us to go sign paperwork. Before I put my name on anything I ask whats going on. The guy is like what do you mean. I then said no one has given me the monthly payment amount, interest rate, or any of the bottom line info.

To make a long story short they tried to get me to sign paperwork without going over specifics, and would not use other lenders to get my brother a better deal. At the end he said.... $640 with both of you, $415 with Brian by himself, those are the only offers available. If I was new at buying cars I could have been messed over. They kept trying to tell me to put it in my name alone and have him finance it later after he built credit with credit cards. I told them I dont need a 4th car, my brother needs to build his credit up, and if its only in my name its defeating the purpose.

Any dealership that doesnt point out that the interest rate is at 23% before asking you to sign paperwork is a crook in my book. My brothers credit is not bad, its just non existent. I dont see how my 750+ credit score can cause that much of a jump by adding him. If they really wanted to work with us they could have found someone that would have worked with them based on my credit score. I should have known not to go back after they acted like I was poor thrash the first time I went up there. I know how credit works, and I know you have to work sometimes to get a good deal for the customer. These guys called gmac, and maybe one other place. I think its hilarious how they claim to work with 30+ lenders, but couldnt take the time to call 3 or 4 of them for us.

They suck ass, and I will never go back.

The mustang that was totalled was a $400 a month payment. It took 4 lenders, 14 phone calls, and 3 hours to make it happen( with my bro's name on it). It's a shame that Byers was too lazy to do the same thing. I had a $3000 down payment in my pocket, and a great review all ready for them. Oh well!

Anyone on here with a GTO in their parking lot send me a PM.

if you've got good credit i can get you like 8-11%. we've got a couple nice cars too, 01 ws6 with 44k a couple machs and a bunch of trucks. check my sig. for link.

But that sucks about your experience, ive heard a lot of bad things about that dealership.

I've heard it's gone downhill recently too. I bought my Z06 from there at 0% interest through GMAC with a 660 beacon in 2003. :) We also bought my wife's Cadillac from them a few months later. I guess none of the same people are there from what I've heard.

My lady actually got her first car from them back in 2000. They were fine back then. She had no credit established and she started of with a 13 percent interest rate. They were looking at me today like I was some big dumb black guy!! I was thinking if I squeezed his neck I could have pulled his spine out. When he tried to pull that fast one out on me I went into thug mode. Straight mean mugging and have violent thoughts. He would come out to talk and fly right back in the building. Keep in mind I am 6"5 280. But keep it short I am in need of a car. I am a Ford man but my brother is mind washing me over to the GM side. I have to admit, after driving that goat I am a believer. I mean after 3 grand in a GT, that goat stock was still crazy. get me a Mach quick before I go to the LS1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My lady actually got her first car from them back in 2000. They were fine back then. She had no credit established and she started of with a 13 percent interest rate. They were looking at me today like I was some big dumb black guy!! I was thinking if I squeezed his neck I could have pulled his spine out. When he tried to pull that fast one out on me I went into thug mode. Straight mean mugging and have violent thoughts. He would come out to talk and fly right back in the building. Keep in mind I am 6"5 280. But keep it short I am in need of a car. I am a Ford man but my brother is mind washing me over to the GM side. I have to admit, after driving that goat I am a believer. I mean after 3 grand in a GT, that goat stock was still crazy. get me a Mach quick before I go to the LS1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive got 3mach's right now and 2 ls1's. pm me if your intrested.

Thanks for the names. We'll start using them today.

When the guy said 23% with a straight face like it was "normal" I almost blew a gasket. I have perfect credit with 2 or 3 cars through GMAC over the last 6 years. So beyond the fact that I have perfect pay history since I was 18, I have direct history with the company they used. After 6+ years of giving them money 23% is all they could muster. I know my brothers credit does not exist, but hes not that much of a liability.

The worst part is that now he's probably going to get a moostang :D

byers is bad at this sometimes. My father told me about some horror stories when he was a sales manager there back in the day.

There is a yellow GTO down off 33 right before Lancaster Air Port forsale. The lot is I think Bobby Laymen I want to say. The car has been there for a while so you can deal them down. Plus all the times I drove past I have never seen one person look at it so they prolly want it off the lot.

no credit is worse than bad credit, at least with bad credit they know what you are like.

I noticed today that Denny Dotson just picked up a yellow GTO with black stripes, but after hearing what kind of reputation they have, if you go there be very careful. I have never had any personal experience with them though.

I guess word spreads pretty quick. I just got a call from the manager over at Byers. He was very nice and asked me what he needed to do to make the sale happen. That was all I wanted in the first place. I told him that I didnt care if the payments were in the $550 range, we just needed to have my bro on there. He hung up called back 10 minutes later and said they dropped the interest rate to 17% with my brother on the loan. 17% is high, but its a number we can work with.

Guest 78novaman

17% is still too high. I say 10% MAX. Are you trying to get new or used? Honestly you will most likely get a better deal on a new vehicle. The depreciation is no worse than a 20% rate!

I got 2.9% financing through Ford Motor Credit when I got my truck (new) 2 1/2 years ago. I had little/no credit and all the lame ass cell phone companies wanted outrageous $100-$150 deposits (I still don't have one they pissed me off).

Check out Germain, they had the ford rep in the showroom that day. The salesman and ford rep really pulled some strings for me! Sorry the salesman has since moved on so I can't give a name for ya.

Guest powers
no credit is worse than bad credit, at least with bad credit they know what you are like.

I noticed today that Denny Dotson just picked up a yellow GTO with black stripes, but after hearing what kind of reputation they have, if you go there be very careful. I have never had any personal experience with them though.

Actualy bad credit is worse that no credit. No credit they have a better then 50% chance that you will be a payer since there are far more payers than non payers.

Bad credit means they have identified you as someone who has not paid in the past.

My brother just went up the the Columbus Car Warehouse. He said John (9t1GVR4) is great to work with, and has some amazing cars. Anyone looking for a cars should definitely check him out!!!!!

thanks for the reply we need all the new business we can get since we just started selling retail. and im checking into "our deal" you pm'd me about and i'll let you know.

Check out Germain, they had the ford rep in the showroom that day. The salesman and ford rep really pulled some strings for me! Sorry the salesman has since moved on so I can't give a name for ya.

i wouldnt recommend buying any car from them, i used to work for the chevy store and it was terrible there and ford is the same. anyways we sell them cars u guys just pay more for them!!!!

god damn, I was pissed I could only get a 6.1% rate on my 04 when I bought it used in 05, and financed 14k at only 19years old. I seriously thought twice about just buying another beater and saying fuck nice cars for a few years until I could get a nice downpayment or something, but 6% isn't bad, and my car should be paid off next year on a 5 year loan.

But 17%!!!! On a $15k+ loan, JESUS H CHRIST, sorry but damn, having a cool car is NOT worth that too me. Should've bought a foxbody for a couple grand and had fun rather than shelling out $500+/month.

Oh yeah, enjoy the GTO.