Byers Dublin Chevrolet FTL!

V8 Beast

Having a cool car is fine as long as you can afford it. And with the way the world is now good credit is worth more than a dollar anyway.

Children provided for - check

Place to live - check

Clothes on back - check

money saved - check

stable job - check

cool car - check

ability to mod cool car - check

That 17% interest rate will open doors for lower interest rates with future homes, cars, and credit cards. Plus its an LS1 :D

John thanks alot. I ended up getting that car from byers. CR you know wassup. The goat is ready for surgery. Check back in a few months or pull up beside me and see what it has haha!!!

did you pick up the silver GTO they had?

Guest powers
Open some secured credit cards. Do not worry about carrying a balance. Once these have been open for 12 months you will get the security deposit back. You will then qualify for a standard card. This will help your score more than any installment loan. Your use of open revovling credit is the best judge of your financial responsibilty.

Open some secured credit cards. Do not worry about carrying a balance. Once these have been open for 12 months you will get the security deposit back. You will then qualify for a standard card. This will help your score more than any installment loan. Your use of open revovling credit is the best judge of your financial responsibilty.

+1, did this for my ex and she's MUCH better off now, even got a nice car loan and decent rates/limits on CC's. And I know what your saying about building credit with a car loan, but it doesn't matter if its a $20k car or a $5k car, either way, you make the payment everytime, on time, its all the same in building your credit, you just save a helluva lot of money to get there.

I could get a better rate if I financed with my credit card...

http://www.capitalone.com/autoloans/loans/index.php?linkid=WWW_1106_AUTO_09_HOME_C1_03_T_ALNU

No credit or not, I think they're screwing you. Do you have any family members that are teachers in Ohio? You can get great rates throught their credit union.

No credit or not, I think they're screwing you. Do you have any family members that are teachers in Ohio? You can get great rates throught their credit union.

thoes rates arent that good, ive fianced with those companeis before.

Guest powers

To get better than this you will need to get manufacturer financing.

LOAN TYPE TODAY +/- LAST WEEK

36 month new car loan 6.86% 6.89%

48 month new car loan 6.95% 6.99%

60 month new car loan 6.94% 6.98%

72 month new car loan 6.69% 6.69%

36 month used car loan 7.45% 7.46%

17% is the lowest available based on credit history. I've already talked to friend to see how they came up with that 23% in the first place. Her answers made perfect sense. I know what I'm doing when it comes to credit, and I have my resources. I should have called her before I went up there but I wasnt thinking.

thoes rates arent that good, ive fianced with those companeis before.

http://www.fcsefcu.com/1.php

As low as 6.29% on a 'new' car. Now, granted, he probably won't get that rate, but in 2003 I got a rate lower then that on my first new car purchase with my mom as a co-signer. Even last year I was only able to get a rate of 5.76% after calling a bunch of different places, so I wouldn't consider their rate too bad.

I didn't read the whole thread, but double-digits is too high. Spend some time with a few local banks and get pre-approved for the loan from the lowest bank. My current loans are each 4.5% through 5/3. Nothing says you have to use the dealership's financing.

Sorry if I missed it, but were you co-signing the loan?

I co-signed. 17% is about as they would go with both of us on the loan. After talking with my friend the lendors felt he was a liability. Byers also checked with 3 places (the second time) 2 of which rejected them. He will be able to refinance in a year without me on there for under 10%. Over that much time its not a huge dent in the pocket.

Here are(were) the interest rates for my cars.

TA - 2.99%

Stratus - 5.99%

Envoy - 6.37%

I know how to work lendors, but in this situation I didnt have enough leverage.