Ohio Riders Sticker in American Motorcyclist (AMA Magazine)

Paddy O Furniture

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

next year looks to be a no go for me... sad since I was showing some real promise this year. With the economy in the bucket, my one possible corporate sponsor is not willing to part with the large sums of money needed to compete at the level I want to. I may do some trackdays, if i have a bike or can borrow one.

next year looks to be a no go for me... sad since I was showing some real promise this year. With the economy in the bucket, my one possible corporate sponsor is not willing to part with the large sums of money needed to compete at the level I want to. I may do some trackdays, if i have a bike or can borrow one.

That sucks joo. What kind of $ does a sponsor have to lay out to keep you competitive? Maybe some one on here needs a write-off.

well the deal that was being discussed was in the 6 figure ballpark. can't really give specifics ofcourse. but their sales had dropped off and the deal is riding on how they do during the holidays. if the influx of cash resumes to the prior levels, then we'll have a deal. I'm also considering on making a smaller deal. The original plan was to run the AMA series with a couple bikes, if the money isn't there, we may be able to just do the WERA stuff, I'm also looking at going back to MX, as I have a very small deal on the table for that. it's all very early though

to do the WERA regional series competitively we are lookin at the $50k range, WERA Nationals more like $75k and part of the AMA series would be a 6 figure budget to be anywhere near competitive. remember this is with NO money out of my pocket, minimum of one bike and all the spares, motorwork, suspension, etc. I would only be providing the rig,tuning,etc. I have no way of doing this on my own, my father funded everything out of pocket the last 3 years and is about to retire, so he's not interested in dumping money into this anymore.

Edited by owndjoo

well the deal that was being discussed was in the 6 figure ballpark. can't really give specifics ofcourse. but their sales had dropped off and the deal is riding on how they do during the holidays. if the influx of cash resumes to the prior levels, then we'll have a deal. I'm also considering on making a smaller deal. The original plan was to run the AMA series with a couple bikes, if the money isn't there, we may be able to just do the WERA stuff, I'm also looking at going back to MX, as I have a very small deal on the table for that. it's all very early though

man i hope that goes well for you.