New Type R and A Hyundai Worth owning?

thorne

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/29/honda-launches-the-civic-type-r-sedan-in-japan/

^ Don't look bad at all. I really think it would fun to drive a car that shifted that damn high.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/28/could-the-hyundai-genesis-lead-to-a-rear-wheel-drive-tiburon/

Now this car, Thats pretty nice looking in my mind. G35 Killer, I don't know about all of that but it is nice.

I dont have experience with hyundai so i wont comment on that. Civic type r is great for reving high. Not a fast car but nothing like shifting in 9000 rpms constantly. ;)

I can only hit 7k in my car but that is because of the ECU fuel cutoff. Safety first!

I really like the look of the Civic for a economy car. Smack me for saying it, as I've had several really nice rides, but I'm kicking around what I'm going to do for my next car and well....nevermind...let's just say our next really nice new home is keeping me in check. I do like the 4dr Civic Si. Anyway, love my V8 for now....but a really nice house looks better to me than my next car....I can put off the next nice ride for a while......

Hyundai...hmmm...like the look....it's what the Toyota needs to make the Camry look like. IMO the Toyota is so blah and ugly that I can't even look at the Lexus 330 even. I still have a stereo type dislike for the name Hyundai, even though this is a nice looking ride and their whole line up is looking better. I just can't get over what they were, the fact that it's Korean and the fact that it's like a cheap play on words, Hyundai vs Honda.....I'd rather stick with the real deal. Never have been one to play with cheap toys or go the cheap route on much of anything. I'd rather have a used something else than a new Hyundai. Just me perhaps.......

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/29/honda-launches-the-civic-type-r-sedan-in-japan/

^ Don't look bad at all. I really think it would fun to drive a car that shifted that damn high.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/28/could-the-hyundai-genesis-lead-to-a-rear-wheel-drive-tiburon/

Now this car, Thats pretty nice looking in my mind. G35 Killer, I don't know about all of that but it is nice.

I dont have experience with hyundai so i wont comment on that. Civic type r is great for reving high. Not a fast car but nothing like shifting in 9000 rpms constantly. ;)

I can only hit 7k in my car but that is because of the ECU fuel cutoff. Safety first!

hehe my v8 does 7100rpms :D

the problem with a 300-400hp hyundai is its not targeting the right crowd. if they came out with it tomorrow with a 30-35k price tag, 99% of people would say no thanks

theres been word about a rwd tib or a replacement for a couple years now. when i was at s3 last year the hyundai rep said that the 07 tib would get a facelift again, and the 08-09 will be coming out with a larger engine and RWD.

i hope he is right

the problem with a 300-400hp hyundai is its not targeting the right crowd. if they came out with it tomorrow with a 30-35k price tag, 99% of people would say no thanks

I have to disagree. They right now have their minivan which is around 30 grand fully loaded and they are selling a ton of them.

If I could get a luxury rwd car with that amount of hp I would jump on it. I really liked the Azera but I will hold out for the new V8. If the car stacks up to the BMW/Audi/Mercedes/Infiniti's out there they will have no problem selling the car.

yeah but $30 in a fully loaded van isn't bad. especially with all the toys and a 240hp + motor. put it up against a Toyota, Oddy or even the new 08 Chrysler and they are all in the very upper $30's and even $40k for a Town and Country. Big difference and worth the savings. I would own the van if I had to buy one. Had an Oddy and loved it, but back then it was only $27k.

I have to disagree. They right now have their minivan which is around 30 grand fully loaded and they are selling a ton of them.

If I could get a luxury rwd car with that amount of hp I would jump on it. I really liked the Azera but I will hold out for the new V8. If the car stacks up to the BMW/Audi/Mercedes/Infiniti's out there they will have no problem selling the car.

159 lb-ft of torque at 6,100 rpm....

No thanks.

Silly drag racer, straight line's are for kids. :D

I used to make fun of the s2000's for their lack of torque, but once I drove one and realized they had no thought of being designed for running in a straight line. I like most people didn't miss the torque.

Don't get me wrong though, I drive a 14 ton dump truck that makes 1495lbs/tq and I love it, torque is the true motivating factor in a vehicle, but for what most Honda's are designed like the civic type r, they don't need much.

I used to make fun of the s2000's for their lack of torque, but once I drove one and realized they had no thought of being designed for running in a straight line. I like most people didn't miss the torque.

Don't get me wrong though, I drive a 14 ton dump truck that makes 1495lbs/tq and I love it, torque is the true motivating factor in a vehicle, but for what most Honda's are designed like the civic type r, they don't need much.

QUOTED FOR THE TRUTH.

yeah but $30 in a fully loaded van isn't bad. especially with all the toys and a 240hp + motor. put it up against a Toyota, Oddy or even the new 08 Chrysler and they are all in the very upper $30's and even $40k for a Town and Country. Big difference and worth the savings. I would own the van if I had to buy one. Had an Oddy and loved it, but back then it was only $27k.

How is it a big difference? Your comparing exactly what I posted. Building a auto to compete with the leaders of that class but for less money. I looks like GM is doing that with the new G8 but they are leaning more towards the perfomance side of the 'sport luxury' auto. Hyundai is using the luxury side with nice V8 thrown in.

(I am one of those you listed that traded an '04 Ody for an '06 Sedona just because we got more options for less)

THANK YOU. Finally, someone wish sense responded to this thread.

I like that new Hyundai. My wife has an Elantra GT 5-door for a daily driver and it has been a very good car. It has made me think twice about Hyundai and I do recommend them as daily drivers. I don't know how well that new Hyundai would do since I look at Hyundai as low cost, dependable, daily drivers; not much into the performance field. But I guess we can just wait and see.