Cruises or summer vacation spots?

Bam

Me and the woman are thinking about taking a week or two off this summer and getting out of the country. We thought about a cruise, as she's never been on one and the food is all-inclusive which would leave money for other spending, but I'm not sure where to look for good deals. Then we thought about just going to like Mexico, Aruba, etc, etc, some vacation spot, hell, she even thought about Italy, even though I'd rather just relax than do a bunch of sightseeing.

Anyone know of good deals on hotels, airfare, etc? Any recommendations of where to go or not to go in June/July timeframe?

thanks

we just got back from a cruise.... it's awesome... several things to keep in mind....

it might be "all inclusive" but it's not really... you still get charged $10 a person per day for gratuity as well as all soda and booze are not covered... be prepared to shell out an additional 500 on top of your ticket costs.... (for gratuity, booze, and off shore excursions)

Also, make sure to get the patches that go behind your ears for sea sickness...

That being said, it's an awesome experience and we'll deffinately go on another in the future.

yeah went we went on how cruise we didn't drink booze or soda. but plan on tipping at the end. we endding up tipping around $200 total. we didn't have a problmes with sea sicken either but Autumn did get sick after getting back on land for a couple days.

Oh and we got our package through AAA.

Look into the islands of St. John and St. Lucia. Check out Playa Del Carmen in Mexico. Go to tripadvisor.com for whatever choice you make and read up on the hotels/restaurants in the area. If you're wanting to stay in the US, there is always Myrtle Beach, and if you want more low key, look at Nags Head or Hilton Head.

i recommend Sandals Grande at St. lucia. its all inclusive, not too expensive, and a great place for couples. the wife and i have been on several all-inclusives--barbados, jamaica, st. lucia, and we love them. the food in st. lucia was fantastic, as was the alcohol--its not top shelf (grey goose, etc.) but it is very good (absolut, J.D., etc.). there are plenty of free activities (snorkling, hoby cats, windsurfing), and even more activities that are very affordable.

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/4904/p4220007pm2.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5350/p4240035po2.jpg

Look into the islands of St. John and St. Lucia. Check out Playa Del Carmen in Mexico. Go to tripadvisor.com for whatever choice you make and read up on the hotels/restaurants in the area. If you're wanting to stay in the US, there is always Myrtle Beach, and if you want more low key, look at Nags Head or Hilton Head.

Playa Del Carmen for the win... it's freaking beautiful there!

Ok, we've kinda narrowed it down to Florida, we'd like to spend a day or two at disney world/all the theme parks, but want to be on the beach. So it looks like Cocoa beach and Daytona Beach are about an hour drive from Orlando, does that sound right?

Any recommendations for places to stay on the coast, within an hour or so drive from Orlando, or in Orlando itself?

Thanks!

Ok, we've kinda narrowed it down to Florida, we'd like to spend a day or two at disney world/all the theme parks, but want to be on the beach. So it looks like Cocoa beach and Daytona Beach are about an hour drive from Orlando, does that sound right?

Any recommendations for places to stay on the coast, within an hour or so drive from Orlando, or in Orlando itself?

Thanks!

You're going to need more than 2 days at disney to see everything. How fancy are you wanting to go? You can stay at the Swan and Dolphin resort which is NIIIICE, a little cheaper is the caribbean resort which is pretty nice too. Look on ebay for a 3-5 day hopper passes to save you $$ instead of buying at the parks. This is what we did the last time we went and saved about 50%. You could spend the entire week at disney, they have 3 huge ass water parks now, one even has the nations largest wave pool.

I've been to Cocoa beach but it's been so long I can't give an accurate review. I just remember the beach was nice but the ocean was ROUGH as hell. There is also the Kennedy space center to check out if you go there. You could go west and hit clearwater beach on the gulf side which is just north of Tampa.