Window Tint %

Big A

This is not another where to get my windows tinted. I already have that answer. I want to know what % I should get on the windows. I was told the limit on the driver/pass door is 50% but not worth it and to go darker. Anyone know what % I could go with on the doors and not get bothered by the cops? I was thinking of 35-40% or the doors and 15-20% on the back window. Any suggestions or opinions on how that would look/be?

I went with 50% on my jeep and SOMETIMES in the right lighting conditions you can't even tell its there. So yeah, I wish I had gone darker. 35% is what has been done on all my other vehicles, thats what seems to look the best IMHO.

I have 20% on the sides of my S10, and 5% on the back. Never been pulled over for it, and I drive through Hilliard every day, and most Hilliard cops are dicks IMO. Got pulled over by a state trooper for speeding and he suprisingly didn't say anything about the tint.

It can be hard to see out of sometimes when I'm backing up at night if there is no lighting around, but other than that it doesn't bother me at all, and it looks sweet.

20% or limo tint on cars looks just white trash to me. Classy look is 35%. I went with 50% front windows and 35% rear windows and 35% back window. Both my cars are done that way, look below. I hate dark windows they look like a 16 Year olds Car. Sorry if you own a car with 20% or lower, that is my opinion I don't want to make you mad.

Some cars look nice with dark tint. It all depends on the color of the car to me. I'm going to go with 35 on the doors and 20 on the back. Thanks for all the help. Now if the place would just answer the phone.

i had 23 on my old car (westerville says it was 18% with the factory smoked glass)...only ticket i had with that car, but it was also totalled out 5 months after i got the tint.

my g/f has a dark silver mazda3 we went with 35% all around and it looks pimp

I've found it depends on the color of your car. Dark tints will look lighter if you have a black car. As it is, if you want to stay completely legal, get 50% in the front doors, and 35% the rest of the car. Otherwise, get 35% all the way around. That is what I have on both of my cars, and it is just perfect for me.

I've found it depends on the color of your car. Dark tints will look lighter if you have a black car. As it is, if you want to stay completely legal, get 50% in the front doors, and 35% the rest of the car. Otherwise, get 35% all the way around. That is what I have on both of my cars, and it is just perfect for me.

I disagree here.

I think it almost has 100% to do with your INTERIOR color.

I have 35% and all black interior and it looks perfect, in my opinion anyways.

One of my friends, who asked me what I had because he liked it, got 35% on his car with tan interior. He had the guy re-do it with 20% and it looks a lot better. It almost didn't even appear it was tinted because the inside was so bright.

I really think the interior color is the deciding factor. I would not go higher than 35% however.

I see what Ben is saying about the 20%, and I think that would look like trash on my car that is all black inside. Plus, it would be dark as hell. But, it looks very good IMO with the tan.

My $0.02.

I disagree here.

I think it almost has 100% to do with your INTERIOR color.

I have 35% and all black interior and it looks perfect, in my opinion anyways.

One of my friends, who asked me what I had because he liked it, got 35% on his car with tan interior. He had the guy re-do it with 20% and it looks a lot better. It almost didn't even appear it was tinted because the inside was so bright.

I really think the interior color is the deciding factor. I would not go higher than 35% however.

I see what Ben is saying about the 20%, and I think that would look like trash on my car that is all black inside. Plus, it would be dark as hell. But, it looks very good IMO with the tan.

My $0.02.

agreed

also legal limit for tint is 50% all the way around unless the vehcile came with tinted glass from the factory.

agreed

also legal limit for tint is 50% all the way around unless the vehcile came with tinted glass from the factory.

Um no read the law, 50% on driver and and pass front windows, no limit on all other windows besides the windshield. This has been covered here many times, I cut and pasted the law from Ohio law in a thread.

From the Ohio State Highway Patrol Website. State law trumps all city law.

What percent can windows be tinted on the vehicle?

According to Ohio Administrative Code 4501-41-03, on Ohio registered vehicles window tint must allow 50 percent light transmittance on the rear and side windows, and 70 percent transmittance on the windshield. In other words, the tint can not be darker than 50 percent on the side and back, and 30 percent on the windshield.

Light transmittance of 50 percent does not apply on the windows behind the driver if there are outside left and right side mirrors. Remember, auto glass is slightly tinted from the factory and will make the tint you apply to your windows darker than advertised by the tint manufacturer.

I agree, I've got a bright blue car, but black leather interior, and with 15% on my car it's a sonova bitch to see my floors if I dropped something, whereas compared to my last car had tan leather/carpet and same tint. But I like it dark...its like a cave, lol.