06 Kawi 636=Baddest "600" EVER

coltboostin

Good friend owns a bike speed shop down here-he tell me he has something for me to check out-

Swing buy-and this beautiful 06 636 is sitting there. Take it for a spin-and WTF?! I though I was on a ZX12!

I asked him what was done to it, becasue it sure was quite-its BONE stock. I could not believe it,a nd after looking for the no2 for 20 minutes, I gave up.

Did a bit of research-and per Sport Rider-

ZX-6R ('05) 10.38 @ 135.6

Holy hell! To put this in perspective-

GSX-R1100 ('97) 10.45 @ 130.2

Thats beating up on your cousin's GXr1100!

So-I can get this thing for 5k. Mint-2000 miles. Black on Black. Good buy?

And-how much can I sell a nice 01 CBR 600F4i for? :)

I'm obviously partial, but the 636 is a great bike. I decided against getting a new bike this year, since the 636 is perfect for what I use it for. Plus, it's taken 4 model years for 600s to come back down to the weight of my 03, the whole underseat exhaust phase put on some serious weight.

For reference 03' 636 - 418lbs (wet)

only 07 lighter is the 07 CBR600RR - 412lbs (wet)

I also lost the additional 6 pounds with an exhaust already. My bike put 112hp to the wheel with a pipe/filter/PCIII, which is still above the current 600s.

I'm obviously partial, but the 636 is a great bike. I decided against getting a new bike this year, since the 636 is perfect for what I use it for. Plus, it's taken 4 model years for 600s to come back down to the weight of my 03, the whole underseat exhaust phase put on some serious weight.

For reference 03' 636 - 418lbs (wet)

only 07 lighter is the 07 CBR600RR - 412lbs (wet)

I also lost the additional 6 pounds with an exhaust already. My bike put 112hp to the wheel with a pipe/filter/PCIII, which is still above the current 600s.

You sure about that weight claim? The 07 R6 weighs 357 dry, I highly doubt fuel and oil would add 40+ pounds.

You sure about that weight claim? The 07 R6 weighs 357 dry, I highly doubt fuel and oil would add 40+ pounds.

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_weights_measurements/index10.html

they list the wet weight at 423.

Unfortunately since people started making a big deal about lightweight bikes manufacturers started stretching the definition of "dry weight", which pretty much has no credit with me whatsoever. You can't ride a "dry" bike.

What makes it worse is that not all brands have the same definition for "dry weight" either, most include the bike without ALL fluids including coolant and brake fluid, but some also take the battery out!!

I find that sportrider is consistent with their weight testing and I trust them, I also find that wet weights are a more consistent way to truly judge a bike.

I will deliver the F4i for $4k to Columbus.

Has custom undertail- Light Smoke Double Bubble, and custom side Exit exhaust. Bike would include the stock muff. With the exhaust mod-its the cleanist looking 01 CBR I have seen.

New tires-and brand new 530 chain. 14k of hgihway daily commuting on the dail. If anyone is interested-I will get pics up.

And NO ONE will get info on where the 636 is-its for me bitches! :)

Did a bit of research-and per Sport Rider-

ZX-6R ('05) 10.38 @ 135.6

Holy hell! To put this in perspective-

GSX-R1100 ('97) 10.45 @ 130.2

Thats beating up on your cousin's GXr1100!

I hate to burst your bubble but those times are CORRECTED to sea-level. Not to mention that Ricky Gadson was the rider when it pulled those times. You are talking closer to high 10's/low 11's off the factory floor. Still not bad for a 636cc (not 599cc) bike like the other 600's... ;)

You are still looking at almost .5 seconds difference with equal riders on both which is BIG in drag racing... :cool:

You guys are forgetting DRY WEIGHT on a bike means NO oil, gas, battery, etc.... So YES it will add another 40lbs. with all that stuff. I have not seen one factory street legal bike UNDER 400lbs. in running/riding condition.

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_weights_measurements/index10.html

they list the wet weight at 423.

Unfortunately since people started making a big deal about lightweight bikes manufacturers started stretching the definition of "dry weight", which pretty much has no credit with me whatsoever. You can't ride a "dry" bike.

What makes it worse is that not all brands have the same definition for "dry weight" either, most include the bike without ALL fluids including coolant and brake fluid, but some also take the battery out!!

I find that sportrider is consistent with their weight testing and I trust them, I also find that wet weights are a more consistent way to truly judge a bike.

Ah ok even on Yamaha;s site their dry weight is different then in the link you specified. Weird there isn't some standard they have to use.

Ah ok even on Yamaha;s site their dry weight is different then in the link you specified. Weird there isn't some standard they have to use.

unfortunately even if there was some sort of standard set a one point, it's never been enforced and therefore can be stretched all they want. It's not false advertising as long as they can replicate the results, which they can, they're just not quite what I'd call "truthful"

You'll even see some discrepencies with wet weights which are only published by magazines because some fill the tank all the way, others only half way. These differences however are minor in comparison to dry weight differences. Plus, if you stay consisten with the source (in my case Sport Rider) then you know they'll weigh all bikes the same.

lol yeah. but you're right though. i cant think of a single factory stock bike that weighs in under 400 wet. hell i think a moto GP bike only weighs like 325 wet...

25-30 lbs of gasoline, 5-7 lbs of engine oil, 5-7 lbs of coolant, 7-9 lbs of battery.