How to get rid of a cat?

Buck531

So two houses down these people move in. Younger couple with a kid and a female cat. Last year I notice the cat is wondernig around my house.

I go over to the lady that lives there and ask her if that's her cat. She says yes, it's hers. I proceed to tell her that it's sniffing around my house and it's pissing my indoor cat off. She turns and tells me with a chuckle "Oh, she's just checking things out." She also tells me she's been fixed.

Well, fast forward a year later (now). Her cat is constantly pissing on my window in the basement. I Know it's her cat because the spray is on the outside, not the inside. I just noticed there's a few holes in the screen from where my cat and that cat has been getting pissed at each other.

Now, at random times when I'm either going out back, or coming home from work, I see the cat shoot out from the back of my house and go back to theirs. I'm guessing it's going under the deck or something.

I can't really even open up the windows in the basement anymore (bi-level house, the two windows down there are ground level). In fear of the screen being ripped even more and the window being pissed on even more as well.

So.. I'm not a big confrontation guy. I can't just go over to their house and say "Listen you fucks, keep the cat out of my yard or you'lll see it next time in a trash bag on your front porch." I'd like to do that, but I don't have the heart. That, and I can never catch the fucker, so I can't just spray water on the cat to get rid of them. I'm definatley not mean to other animals so I don't think killing it would be my thing.

And, to top it off, I've been in this house since '99. These people moved in last year and they're renting the damn place. They don't even own the house they live in. I would think I'd have more say as a home owner and not a renter. Just my opinion. I don't know.

Any ideas? It's getting on my nerves.

Every time you see that cat spray it with a hose when it is in your yard.

I would do that, but every time I see it, it see's me and takes off. Or, I'm in my car pulling into my driveway and it takes off.

I'm guess I'm looking for a solution to put around the gate going into the back yard (like rat poison or something to that effect) and around the windows to keep it from the house.

Found out who they are renting the house from and complain to them. I have a feeling the cat is outdoors because they can't have pets in the house.

ooo.. didn't think about that.

How do I go about finding out who the renters are? I'm not going to walk up to them and ask "hey, who are you renting this house from? I'm going to bitch about you and your cat.".. lol.

ooo.. didn't think about that.

How do I go about finding out who the renters are? I'm not going to walk up to them and ask "hey, who are you renting this house from? I'm going to bitch about you and your cat.".. lol.

Property Search, on the franklin County Auditor's page will list the owners residence. I used it 2 years ago to find an owner of a vacant rental property next to mine and the lawn wasn't mowed in a month. I drove to the owners house and said I need the lawn mowed and I was a neighbor. He asked if I would do it, and I said for $100! Without a word or blinking he handed me a Benjamin out of his wallet and shut the door. He lived in Highland Lakes in Westerville in a HUGE house. In fact in the pic below you can see the rental property behind my house on the right. The blue house. It is a tiny lot, it took me 30min to mow. :cool:

http://franklin.governmaxa.com/propertymax/rover30.asp

Click Street Address

You can try placing things in front of the window. Certain materials drive cats crazy and they won't step on them. Like heavy duty aluminum foil in front of the window. Leave that there for awhile. Be sure to use heavy duty. They do make plenty of repellants as was mentioned above. Also, try buying one of those little toy dogs or something that are set off by motion detectors. lol Mothballs are usually a good deterent but be sure to remove all traces of cat feces and urine as it will attract them back. Be sure to use a strong chemical or something made for that specifically. Cat urine really sticks and it'll still smell even if you can't. They don't like citrus or chili powder either. Stop growing catnip around the house, ya weirdo. Set up your hose with a sprinkler by his fav window if you have a spigot you can turn on where the cat won't know what's coming (and a hose long enough) or buy a timer to randomly go on and off in short intervals. Buy a dog or even try a big fake animal. Even stuffed may work. Depends on how skittish this cat is. If you think your cat can take it, let it. I actually used a ferret once to drive away a big, orange tomcat.

That's it for now. Hopefully, something helps. I'm glad you've decided to try to find a non violent way to get rid of the cat. I would definitely try to find out who the homeowner is. That was good advice.

call then "dog catcher" (I can't remember what they are called)

either that or just go to the person again... make up a bill for the replacement of the screen as well a cleaning bill for getting rid of the piss all over the place... tell her that you will contact a lawyer if need be.... if all else fails, rat poison will do wonders.... and when you find it, just bury the stupid thing... they will never know what happened to it.

make up a bill for the replacement of the screen as well a cleaning bill for getting rid of the piss all over the place... tell her that you will contact a lawyer if need be..

yeah MAYBE that would work... but i doubt it. unless you have PROOF that it was their cat that did it. youd have to video tape it or something, and somehow prove that it was their cat.

also, get one of those plastic things that cover the window well.

I can prove it. I've seen the cat at the window pissing off my other cat numerous times. The cat is constantly running FROM the back of my house as well when I see it.

Can't get a plastic thing. Its' a full sized double hung window, not the kind of window that sits in the ground or what not on a normal 2 story house (I have a bi-level).

ahh i see. i figured it was a basement well window... gotcha.

also, though, you need something more concrete than your word that you see it running. you need it on video or something, otherwise its just your word against her's, and that doesnt really hold up too well in court.

another idea is to get a dog :)

Guest Removed

animal control. tell them theres a lose cat , no collar, and its seems to be foaming at the mouth.

or use a live trap. and then return the cat to them, and give them a warning, next time you will not be nice about it.

or are you looking for someone too get rid of it for u?

I know this guy. hes cheap, but you dont want too ask alot of ?'s.

I'm not a mean cat person. I have a cat of my own. I'm just sick and tired of it pissing on my window (marking it's space?). it is a female, but she said it's been fixed. So I'm not sure what's up.

I don't want to kill it or anything. Just trying to find a way for the cat to NOT come around my house.