Vette or GTO?

clk1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO if you have a daily driver......Vette.......gotta love them. I saw several nice C6's out this weekend and am dying to get one. If it wasn't for us using any and all spare cash for new home next year, I'd have a nice C6 in my garage right now.

If both are in your price range, you should test drive both, and see which one you like the most.

i cant believe it took two full pages for someone to say this! its going to be YOUR car! decide what you like more and buy it!

I used to hate on C5's because they started becoming a dime a dozen....but, every time I think that...I see one that's hooked up just right, and it's completely drool inducing. The GTO is cool, and would make a nice DD....but the styling is still just a bit too bland for me.

Guest The Celtic Savage

Only get a Goat (GTO for those of you who don't know cars) if it is a classic, the new goats are not worth it. The Vette is a great car, and as long as you know how to drive you will be fine.

-Nathan (T.C.S.)

What do you want to know about the GTO. I'm a moderator of BuckeyeGoats.com and one of the top posters on LS1GTO.com

...and to address an above post the Vette and GTO do not have the same bolt pattern a Vette is 5x120.65 and a GTO is 5x120. BMWs are 5x120. The GTO also has a 69mm hub diameter and the Vette and BMW typically have a 72mm

I used to hate on C5's because they started becoming a dime a dozen....but, every time I think that...I see one that's hooked up just right, and it's completely drool inducing. The GTO is cool, and would make a nice DD....but the styling is still just a bit too bland for me.

This is bland???

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/GTO1/IMG_0125.jpg

We are twin turboing a customers GTO right now.

I drove it without the turbos and it was a fun car. A bit on the heavy side but still fun. Adding turbos and this car should be sick.

Stop by and check it out.

Jason

Is this Roger's. If not then its the 5th in the state this year to add a twin turbo. The others are all APS TTs.

...and to address an above post the Vette and GTO do not have the same bolt pattern a Vette is 5x120.65 and a GTO is 5x120. BMWs are 5x120. The GTO also has a 69mm hub diameter and the Vette and BMW typically have a 72mm

not that i dont believe you, but ive heard differently from a number of vendors.

not that i dont believe you, but ive heard differently from a number of vendors.

Vendors just want to sell wheels and will suggest whatever because there are so few wheels that match the GTOs OEM spec. Some vendors also list the offset as +35mm also when it's +48mm. You can get a 5x120.65 on the car but you'll put extra stress on the lugs by spreading them and snap them in time. Going to a ARP stud would be advised if you went that route especially if your adding more hp.

By the way if you go to tirerack and specify wheels for the GTO it will show a 5x120 bolt pattern.

Also if you get a wheel with a 72mm hub you'll need some custom hub rings, like I show below, to fill the space so that you wheels are hub-centric and not lug-centric. You do not want the weight of the wheel only on the lugs..especially if you use a 120.65 bolt pattern.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/GTO1/IMG_0144.jpg

Don't get me wrong...I like GTO's (I've considered getting one many times), and some of them can look mean. But, their overall appearence is very uninspiring imo. "Bland" if you will. I've seen some that look sick, the one in the pic you posted (I assume is yours) looks great. But, it just seems that GM neutered them on the styling side....especially when you copare it to something like a Vette.

Roger did everything himself, and I don't think he is on here.

I knew Roger was having someone help him tune his. And Roger's is going to be a beast. Soooo this must be the 5th TT that I know of.