Ford/Mustang questions

Martin

I imagine the lightened flywheel fucked up the balance of everything.

the only way that could mess it up is if the driveshaft is out of balance. when do you get these vibrations? is it a certain speed range? if so what is it? it is prolly your u joints or something

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think his is for a 95.

as for shawn, i would never put love, martin.

matt, could you possibly weigh yours? i already know the alluminum one is a lil under 11.

I imagine the lightened flywheel fucked up the balance of everything.

I dont understand why a flywheel would make everything else vibrate.

the only way that could mess it up is if the driveshaft is out of balance. when do you get these vibrations? is it a certain speed range? if so what is it? it is prolly your u joints or something

Its during low rpm's. I dont think the driveshaft has ever been off the car but in order to put a clutch in i do believe u have to take the transmission off which is conected to the driveshaft so....

Im pretty sure the whole vibrating thing is the exhaust so dont worry.

• 3 months later...
anybody that may care. I finally wieghed it and its 26lbs even, compared to the aluminum 11lbs. I think it would deff be worth it. any rotating wieght removed from the car is something worth investing in.

I'm with most of the others in this thread...don't blow your money on the V6. I have one as my daily driver/beater...I put the bare minimum in it just to keep it driveable. Sell it and buy a V8 version or just something with a better platform. I hate to see you blow your cash on this car...

Not sure what gears you have in the back but it is common knowledge that adding 3.73 or higher numerical gears to a manual fox body causes a horrid driveline vibration above 85 mph. Aluminum driveshaft is the only fix.

FWIW fox guys can put a driveshaft from an awd aerostar in it. Not sure about your v6 car but worth researching.