re-issue of tax refund check (local).

evan9381

so my significant other told me she thinks she may have thrown away my tax refund check on accident. i had it folded up and in a stack of some other receipts and other junk, which are now no where to be found. the trash was taken out monday, so no chance of finding it there.

anyone had this happen? how long did it take to have them put a stop payment on the check and re-issue a new one?

that sucks. . . it's gonna take them atleast a month to get you a new one i'd expect. . especially around this time with all the last minute tax payers.

yeah, but on the flip side, i filed my taxes like 2 days from the deadline, and got my refund check within like 7 days of that.

maybe it wont take so long. sucks caus the only reason i started looking for it and asked her aboutit was to go deposit it in time for my vacation saturday.

fuck.

guess ill be running up the CC and paying it off when i get home

ours got lost in the mail a few years back. it sucks, absolutely sucks. they have to assume its been stolen, put a cancel on the payment of the check, and then issue another. it took us 5 MONTHS to get ours