2007 R1 Issues

flounder

INSIDE NEWS:

(this was posted to YAMAHA dealers 5/23/2007)

Intermittent Slow Acceleration in Low Gears – 2007 YZF-R1

Some 2007-model YZF-R1 motorcycles may intermittently experience less than ideal acceleration from approximately 5000 rpm in lower gears. Yamaha is currently investigating this issue and we expect to have information about a resolution by early June.

If a customer expresses concerns about such an experience, do normal diagnostic tests to eliminate any problem such as fuel delivery or ignition.

If no abnormal condition is found, please contact your RTA after June 6th for further assistance.

Funny that the same problem existed on the 05,06 but they never did anything about it.

Actually Flounder there is a fix for this issue already. People are being told to take the bikes to their local Suzuki dealerships and exchange them for GSXR-1000's. :D

Yeah too bad they may get a recall letter with their purchase of the gix1K..

Im still waiting on my parts to come in.. :beating:

Both are new year bikes.. there are bound to be problems.. I would much rather have the stator issue then the R1 issue. The funny thing is that R1's have had this problem for a few years now and they are just now starting to do something about it.. I have a vid somewhere of the problem, let me see if I can find it.

I guess I'm lucky in the fact that my bike didn't fall in the range of VINs for the stator recall. But I still haven't gotten my replacement exhaust can that was dented when I picked the bike up. Guess I should call State 8 and find out what's going on.