Scotty2Hotty

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selling a couple Winchester lever actions:

.45 Long Colt with special engraving - $1000

.22 Mag Trapper edition - $1000

I also have a couple of old beat to hell double barrel 12 ga side by sides with hammers. Neither is currently capable of being fired safely. $100 each - for decoration or restoration.

PM with interest because I won't follow this post. May be open to trades of any type.

I had to give up one of my kidneys for 2 of those H&K mags... Anyone goin to the gunshow at Westland mall today and tomarrow??? I'm grabbing some lunch then rollin out.

I picked em up from some SF guys we were with during my last tour. I'ma try to make it to the show tomorrow, is there another one in December?

Anybody got a good source on ammunition? Need some rounds in bulk for the AR, chambered for 5.56, but 223 is just fine; just needs to have uncrimped primers and brass cases so I can reload em.

5.56mm is .223, it's the same exact round. I know Vance's has always been cheaper for bulk cases, but if you check online you should be able to get a 1,000 round case for cheap. Pick up a Shotgun News and you'll find numerous sources.

Anybody got a good source on ammunition? Need some rounds in bulk for the AR, chambered for 5.56, but 223 is just fine; just needs to have uncrimped primers and brass cases so I can reload em.

There's a serious shortage of .223 right now. There was very little 556/.223 of any type at the Westland PRO gunshow, and what there was sold quickly Saturday. I saw a couple cases of steel cased Wolf @ $260/1000.

Walmart has Remington UMC for about $6.87/ 20 = $343.50/ 1000.

That's about as cheap as you'll find brass cased .223 currently.

Or try here http://www.aimsurplus.com/

5.56mm is .223, it's the same exact round.

Not to be picky, but 5.56 NATO is in fact different from .223; 5.56 is a much higher pressure round, and therefore guns that aren't chambered for it can't handle it, and suffer rifling blow-offs, and other possible damage. Though to your credit, they do use the same size cartridge and bullets.

I'll give Vance's a shot, I just assumed them to be costly; I was at the Progun show, didn't see anything worthwhile other than the steel cased Wolf ammo, and as I said, I want to reload, so steel doesn't same me money in the long run... Appreciate the help!