WTB: Your guns

Scotty2Hotty

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They sell all that spent brass in big, huge scrap lots. Commercial ammo manufacturing companies used to buy it and reload it for resale. Now when you buy scrap brass from a GSA auction, you have to sign a statement that you won't reload it.

The dollar is so weak right now that the scrap value of brass is higher than it's value as cartridge casings.

You think ammo is high? Price reloading components. I just did a cost analysis on reloading 223 again. (I already own tons of equipment) Buying all the components, it'll cost you about $260/ 1000 just to reload brass 223. (if you buy brass) If you reload the brass you already have, it's about $210/ 1000.

I did some thinking today (while in the middle of buying a Savage .17 HMR) and decided that I'm going to sell some other stuff too.

I've got a Ruger 10/22. It's not pretty, but it runs well. I've put several thousand rounds through it, and no idea how much went through it before I got it. Comes with a 25 round mag and if I can find it, a factory 10 rounder. $75

Mossberg 500 12 guage. I think it's called the persuader, not sure though. It's got black synthetic stock, 18.5" smoothbore barrel. If I can find it, it will come with a factory pistol grip. I think i've put under a thousand rounds through this, but I never really kept track. $200

Prices on both are firm.

I still have my custom .45 Springfield Armory A1 full size,3 dot fixed sights,after market - trigger job,hammer job ,extended slide stop,extended thumb safety ,grips,guide rod,Black satin finish. 525.00

PM me if you want more info and pics.