can anyone help degree a cam (mopar)

dakotart

for me, way off.

I attempted the .050 of lift method.

intake valve opens where the cam card says that it should.

it closes early.

the exhaust valve opens late and closes early.

I've got a couple of other things to try tonight.

I'm trying to get ahold of Crower to find out what the intake centerline is since they didn't print it on the cam card so that I can try that method.

Its a brand new timing set, so I hope that its not bad. I did read that if the numbers are right, it could be because the cam is wrong.

how close are the numbers the cam may be improperly ground or the timing set may be bad......

Dumb question but I have to ask... Are you using solid or hyd. lifters? If Hyd you need to put at least 1 solid lifter(if hyd roller you need a solid roller) in to degree a cam properly. The Hyd lifters can throw things way off.

This link may help also

http://www.cranecams.com/pdf/803.pdf

They are hydro roller. I was going off the lifter body (which is solid)

I got it degreed in today. it was 6 degrees retarded. so using the "intake centerline" method, it was coming out 116* and should have been 110*

Dumb question but I have to ask... Are you using solid or hyd. lifters? If Hyd you need to put at least 1 solid lifter(if hyd roller you need a solid roller) in to degree a cam properly. The Hyd lifters can throw things way off.

This link may help also

http://www.cranecams.com/pdf/803.pdf