Brake Work

2k XJ 4x4

I'm looking to have the brakes done on my '00 Cherokee; front rotors and pads, rear drums (not sure what all is needed back there).

I want to get this taken care of this Friday morn., preferably somewhere in the Dublin/UA/Bethel Rd. area.

Any recomendations/suggestions? Any idea how long it would take and what this might cost?

If you've got a jeep, get used to doing it yourself.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/56215_903.htm or upgrade pads and rotors here, not really worth it imho

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12700_102.htm but you would need to pick up the caliper pins locally.

Rear overhaul kit http://www.quadratec.com/products/56215_907.htm Drums last a while you might not need it, depends on mileage and wear. Check the manufacture date on the item description in that link.

Looks like roughly $300 and an afternoon of busted knuckles and cussing.

I've owned 1 XJ, 1 CJ, 1 WJ, and 2 TJ's. Quadratec has gotten a lot of money from me. :)

Guest 614Streets
Id do this for you out at my shop in hillard off hayden run saturday or sunday , Ill beat any shop price. I can do most front brakes in 25 mins for the pair and drums in 30 mins. 614 946 5424 - Will

I've found out with having the Pathfinder brakes are a much bigger pita on 4wd. Having to take the front hobs apart/off adds a lot of labor and is not easy. I'm estimating 4-6 hours labor and almost $1000 for everything the Pathy will need. Though I think it would def. be worth it to have a shop do it, should save you a ton of headaches.

I had quotes for no less than $400 for just front pads and rotors.

I'm looking to have the brakes done on my '00 Cherokee; front rotors and pads, rear drums (not sure what all is needed back there).

I want to get this taken care of this Friday morn., preferably somewhere in the Dublin/UA/Bethel Rd. area.

Any recomendations/suggestions? Any idea how long it would take and what this might cost?

139.99 per axle plus rotors and drums

232-8881 NTB downtown ask for Derek

139.99 per axle plus rotors and drums

232-8881 NTB downtown ask for Derek

correction

139.99 fronts and

109.99 rear drum brakes +rotors or drums if need be, oh and a lifetime warranty, I dont know if anyone else on here offers that, if you care that is.

correction

139.99 fronts and

109.99 rear drum brakes +rotors or drums if need be, oh and a lifetime warranty, I dont know if anyone else on here offers that, if you care that is.

Derek rules. save your knuckles and go visit him. I have used him in the past for tires and he CAN NOT be beat. That is, if you do not have the knowledge, skills or abilities to do it yourself.

there may be smaller stores that beat our price but once again I dont know if they offer a lifetime warranty thats good at 700 stores nationwide. Thanks for the props Mitch, need hoops on the z yet?

there may be smaller stores that beat our price but once again I dont know if they offer a lifetime warranty thats good at 700 stores nationwide. Thanks for the props Mitch, need hoops on the z yet?

Ironically, the tires are taken care of(half assed, I'm not proud of it), but, I am waiting on brake work. The upgrade kit is on the way from stoptech. I needed new rear pads bad and that is a good enough excuse for upgrades all around.

Thanks for the replys. I don't have the time/space/tools or knowledge to do it myself this time around but I know I should learn eventually. I mean its the same design since the mid '80's on these things....can't be that tough!?!

Will - Thanks for the offer but I'll be out of town over the weekend.

Derek...you got PM.