Chrysler sold

HotCarl

http://money.cnn.com/2007/05/14/news/companies/chrysler_sale/index.htm?postversion=2007051406

Chrysler bought by Cerberus for $7.4B

Private equity firm to buy 80 percent stake in U.S. automaker. Debt free at first, the company will assume billions in retiree health care costs down the line.

By Chris Isidore, CNNMoney.com senior writer

May 14 2007: 8:28 AM EDT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- DaimlerChrysler moved to undo the most expensive and one of the least successful mergers in auto industry history Monday as it agreed to sell its money-losing Chrysler unit for only a fraction of what it paid nine years ago.

DaimlerChrysler (Charts) announced it will sell an 80 percent stake in its U.S. brand for $7.4 billion to Cerberus Capital Management, a private equity investment firm.

We all knew when Diamler originally purchased Chrysler it wasn't going to last long. I think they did do a good job of turning Chrylser around with new and better products, but it still didn't help the original problem, money. Hopefully the new owners won't kill off the things that works for Chrylser (Jeep) and doesn't effect the release of the Challenger.

I think Chrysler is suffering from the same problems all the american car companies are suffering from. Poor Quality.

You can only build crap for so long before "Only buy american" just isn't worth it anymore.

I've only owned one foreign car and it was a 2005 Honda Accord. Best car we've ever owned. It stickered for $30k and it was built way better then my 05 Vett, 06 Vett, 05 Escalade, 05 Envoy, 06 H2, 06 Viper and anything else I've ever owned. That's sad.

Jason

Guest Mushijobah
I would love to see GM and ford merge and work on the quality of there cars jointly. LS2 Mustangs FTW

FTW? How about another acronym for yourself after making such a strong statement on your automotive feelings? DGA. Dumbest Guy Alive.