Questions for all the tire shop employees

CJINOHIO03

I had a flat last Saturday. I took it somewhere and I assumed it was patched. I found out it was plugged instead. Well today my tire went flat. I took it somewhere else they told me they couldnt patch it because it was plugged before. Is this true or just a NTB company policy? CJ

I had a flat last Saturday. I took it somewhere and I assumed it was patched. I found out it was plugged instead. Well today my tire went flat. I took it somewhere else they told me they couldnt patch it because it was plugged before. Is this true or just a NTB company policy? CJ

At Disc tire the tire cannot have more than 2 patches in it then we dreclare it unsafe, We will even take out the shitty NTB plug and replace it with one of ours.

But the tire must not have run flat or in an unrepairable area.

Neonkiller's statements hold true for Sam's as well. And ours are free. :)

At Sam's, we use plugs or patch-plugs. 98% of all repairable punctures are easily fixed with a plug, which are much easier to do anyways. Whoever you took it to first either A. Screwed up drilling the hole, B. Did a shitty job plugging/patching, or C. Missed something else that could be wrong.

Are the wheels steel, aluminum, or chrome? On both aluminum and chrome wheels, it could easily be a slow leak from the bead due to corrosion. Some corrosion spots are easily missed in the presence of a nail/screw/puncture of some sort.

So to answer your question, they were jerking you around.

-Kevin