Laptop Advice

Amy

I am going to purchase a new laptop, since my old one, I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong with it.

I just need something that I can put a warranty on and something that has wireless internet in it and dvd/cd player.. any good suggestions?

Compaq sucks, you will have lots of problems down the road. Either buy a Dell or Alienware.

older compaq's.... maybe... (although I have a 266mhz laptop that I still use for tuning and it boots every time) but have in mind, the compaq laptops now are just HP laptops with the Compaq name.

as far as Dell, they are slipping fast to HP in customer service.

Alienware.... Dell owns them, so ya....

older compaq's.... maybe... (although I have a 266mhz laptop that I still use for tuning and it boots every time) but have in mind, the compaq laptops how are just HP laptops with the Compaq name.

as far as Dell, they are slipping fast to HP in customer service and Alienware, Dell owns them, so ya....

Dell doesn't stuff shit into their hardware, though :)

Compaq sucks, you will have lots of problems down the road. Either buy a Dell or Alienware.

how do you justify? every lap top no matter will have problems down the road. by saying compaq sucks you realise your saying hp sucks. in all honesty if you want to play the youll have more issues with X brand card go to any pc tech place and ask. at work i prolly get the exact same dells as i get in hp/compaq. i wouldnt get a alienware, they are way over priced for what they are. i would stick with a dell or hp/compaq it really doesent matter who you ask youll get the ohh you need to get a x or dont get x its a pos. the only way to get a extremly good one is to have one completly customised.

Should I mention the crappy keyboards that were in all Dell C series laptops?

Or the battery recall

or that HP and Compaq both have the pretty blue light :p

fact is, get a base model anything and you get what you pay for... so far, my Comcrack has by far exceeded my expectations and out preforms my old completely built Dell.

Should I mention the crappy keyboards that were in all Dell C series laptops?

Or the battery recall

or that HP and Compaq both have the pretty blue light :p

fact is, get a base model anything and you get what you pay for... so far, my Comcrack has by far exceeded my expectations and out preforms my old completely built Dell.

Shutup and buy Dell. Daddy needs a new pair of shoes!!!

Starting at $1500 or so....I'll let you use my employee discount. Picked my wife up a nice W5 2.5lb laptop fully loaded with more memory, XP OS etc... for about $2k. Toughbook W5 Elite

If you're hard on a laptop there's no better brand and we back them with a full 3 year warranty. Ask any public official or military branch, we build the best.

Link to the full line of Toughbooks

DELL PERIOD

For the laptop I got to buy one at best buy with similar specs and a crapier video card was almost 800$ more then i got my dell for.

You surf the slickdeals.net sites and shit get coupons and save a boatload.

I have a compaq I bought last august dropped mine countless of times last drop was from 5 feet up onto a hard ass bathroom floor the only thing wrong with it is that sound skips from time to time other then that still works like a champ..

Not to mention I only have one scratch on it from probaly around 13 drops..

P.S I have desktop also thats why I'm so careess with my laptop

I do need something that is durable. I have had a Compaq qhich lasted quite a long time.. and then this last one I forget what it even was. It was great until one day it just wouldnt turn on. ?????

The compaq is kind of in the same situation.. it starts though, but just keeps restarting and restarting. So everything I touvh I break.. D-U-R-A-B-I-L-I-T-Y needed, like one you can run over with a car.. and it still work.. Then I should be good to go :-)

they used to make laptops that they advertised could be run over by a car.... I somehow doubt that the plastic ones of today could handle that.

maybe you should think about getting a MAC titanuim or something? I mean, if you do break it, it will still do about the same thing... IE: absolutely nothing except sit there and look pretty :)

I'd will buy $500 Compaq laptops and throw them away if I have a problem before I spend $1500 on a decked out Dell and try to talk to some Indian fuckhead when I'm having an issue again. To those of you preaching Dell, I can surmise that you've never had to deal with their customer service dept. That would change your mind real quick.

you're likely remembering some of the Panasonic Toughbook testing they used to use in advertising. They go through some amazing things and still work. In the miliatary market they drop one out of plane strapped to a jeep from 15,000ft in a non presurised environment as it parachutes down then they bury it in the sand and run a tank over it, dig it up and it's still playing the video it was iniitally.

when they test them against drops, they are dropped in non-operating mode, onto each face, edge and corner for a total of 26 drops from a height of 36 inches. The drop surface was defined as two-inch-thick plywood over a steel plate over concrete. They are then visually inspected and booted up after each drop.

they are water resistant tested up and running with the displays on with 15 minutes of running water. they also subject them to 10 days in tempts between 86 and 140°F at a relative humitdy of 95% kept constant.

The best is at 140°F they are subjected to repeated blasts of Silica flour while the display is opened. Again, no issues. Think you can freeze it...nope, -60 degrees and they can take that too.

The list goes on....testing is some cool freaky stuff. they do everything from throwing coffee on them to OJ to put them under the hoods of cars.

The whole point even though they are expensive the total cost of ownership is by far less. may not apply to an individual, but stats show 32% of laptops in major businesses are replaced in their 2nd year, 65% by the third year. Factor in the downtime, and all the costs involved and the difference over 3-5 years is big. With the power of the newer notebooks one doesn't need to upgrade them every year anymore either.

they used to make laptops that they advertised could be run over by a car.... I somehow doubt that the plastic ones of today could handle that.

maybe you should think about getting a MAC titanuim or something? I mean, if you do break it, it will still do about the same thing... IE: absolutely nothing except sit there and look pretty :)