Car on Fire

Big Steve

Guest 78novaman

I was coming from easton. Came around the corner (going south) and all of a sudden the freeway slowed to a crawl where 670 merges in. I look up and go WTF? a HUGE cloud of thick, black smoke was coming from the other side of the freeway. I didn't get a good look at it as I was on the opposite side of the road, but the entire car was engulfed in flames. I thought it was a saturn, but again I was on the wrong side to see it well. Of all the days to walk out the door without my camera.

EDIT: I'm actually kinda po-ed at how long it took the fire department to show. I made it from 670 to my apartment in that slow traffic before they responded. I looked at my watch and it was over 10 minutes before I even heard the sirens go down Hamilton (mifflin fire dept.) Pathetic.

I also couldn't figure out why they didn't close the freeway, after all they do have a car on fire with a gas tank in it.....BOOM!

that's one way to get out of a lease/loan on a car you don't like ;)

Man that was crazy. When I was pulling up, that thing was a full blaze. Looked like somebody got bored and poured gas all over that car. It "was" a Legacy

Guest Removed

It was mine ok, it pissed me off.

knocked the windows out and set it ablaze.

SO GET OFF MY NUTS WITH THE INSURANCE SHIT.

Sike....

flame away.

I was coming from easton. Came around the corner (going south) and all of a sudden the freeway slowed to a crawl where 670 merges in. I look up and go WTF? a HUGE cloud of thick, black smoke was coming from the other side of the freeway. I didn't get a good look at it as I was on the opposite side of the road, but the entire car was engulfed in flames. I thought it was a saturn, but again I was on the wrong side to see it well. Of all the days to walk out the door without my camera.

EDIT: I'm actually kinda po-ed at how long it took the fire department to show. I made it from 670 to my apartment in that slow traffic before they responded. I looked at my watch and it was over 10 minutes before I even heard the sirens go down Hamilton (mifflin fire dept.) Pathetic.

I also couldn't figure out why they didn't close the freeway, after all they do have a car on fire with a gas tank in it.....BOOM!

It took them awhile to get there. There were actually some dummies driving right by the car while it was a full blaze. The Sheriff did not cut off the lanes till the fire was almost out. That car roasted for a good 15 minutes before the fire dept showed.

Guest 78novaman
That car roasted for a good 15 minutes before the fire dept showed.

15 minutes??? WTF! The mifflin township fire department is right next to the Gahanna Police station. It's like a 2 min drive from there. What the hell? Did no one call it in, including the officer on the scene? That response should have been 5 minutes at most.

Did a quick online search and didn't come up with anything other than nbc4i had "2 lanes shut down on I-270 from car fire" No one died, and it was a import, so it's not news.