anyone have a hook up on New Build Homes?

TTQ B4U

Anyone here know someone at M/I, or other new home builders....on new builds? Wife and I are exploring all options and want to talk with someone about new builds. Figured I'd start with someone that is a referral vs completely rolling the dice.

Can't do Dominion, my wife has gone after them on several cases for her clients. They settle fast, but we won't have any part of what they build.

Hell i'd go look at the Dominion spec homes already built, if ya buy one you get season tickets to OSU football......other than that i wouldn't buy MI or Dominion.

Nice.....I like the floor plans and homes seem to be reasonably priced. I'll check it out.

You looking to build on your lot, or build in a sub div?

Schumacher Homes, I am currently building with them and love the quality.

My wife and I are building with Wayne Homes right now. The sales people are what we wanted to see and the standard specs are 110% better than the others we looked at. They have models at I-71 and SR 37, and SR 37 and SR 40 down by National Trails. They also have all there homes under construction open for viewing. They build on your lot or on land that they can provide you all over central ohio.

We didn't even consider Dominion or M/I. We've heard way to many complaints, don't like the idea of a sub division and home owners association, and they are both being investigated for mortgage fraud. My wife also gets to see what happens to people who get talked into their great mortgage deals since she's a manager at 5/3 bank. Be careful and just make sure you know what you sign up for and don't let them give you any crap. Just ask on here and lots of us can help with advice. If you need to you could even contact a realtor to help you with the fine print. Our realtor refered us to Wayne homes and he gets a % of the sale and has helped alot with our decisions.

Evan

thanks for the info. I forgot about Wayne Homes.

My wife and I are building with Wayne Homes right now. The sales people are what we wanted to see and the standard specs are 110% better than the others we looked at. They have models at I-71 and SR 37, and SR 37 and SR 40 down by National Trails. They also have all there homes under construction open for viewing. They build on your lot or on land that they can provide you all over central ohio.

We didn't even consider Dominion or M/I. We've heard way to many complaints, don't like the idea of a sub division and home owners association, and they are both being investigated for mortgage fraud. My wife also gets to see what happens to people who get talked into their great mortgage deals since she's a manager at 5/3 bank. Be careful and just make sure you know what you sign up for and don't let them give you any crap. Just ask on here and lots of us can help with advice. If you need to you could even contact a realtor to help you with the fine print. Our realtor refered us to Wayne homes and he gets a % of the sale and has helped alot with our decisions.

Evan

I am in my Schumacher build every day, the subs are great to work with. Simple things like having a nail driven in every hole of a joist hanger tells you alot about their idea of quality. I also dig being able to tell the electrician that I want quad gang boxes in the garage because I need to plug in battery tenders etc... and he comes back with ideas for more lighting over the workbench etc...

If you want to see the build progress go here

http://scubaforlife.googlepages.com/thenewhouse

I currently live in a dominion home that is for sale, I love the home and haven't really had any quality issues other than having to fix floor squeeks.

I went with a private builder, Gladman Homes. They are a small builder and build about 10 homes a year. They can build anything, you can take them in a plan to them or they can work with you on your true custom plan. They have been in business for over 40 years. My wife and I had our house about ten years ago and we are still very happy with their quality.

Hell i'd go look at the Dominion spec homes already built, if ya buy one you get season tickets to OSU football......other than that i wouldn't buy MI or Dominion.

yeah dude throw away 150k in a cheap built house, so you can get some season tickets to osu football,

you gotta be fuking kidding me.

I bet you'd go buy a new kia if they gave you a free fucking happy meal.

No worries. Cheap is not in our chromosomes. We're not going crazy, but the $400k-$500 range is where we're targeting. May go a little more if we need to in order to get the right lot. We've been saving for a long while to make this happen right.

Just remember with these homes,you absolutely get what you pay for. If you build a cheap house,it is going to look cheap

I don't know how big of a lot you want but 400 - 500k will get you into 4000+ sq ft easily.

Schumacher has a really nice model on 23 right around the linnworth area. Actually they have 3, I built the Homestead but they have "the mac daddy" house right there too.

Like I said I am quite pleased with the construction, the framing crew took zero short cuts, poured concrete walls are an extra foot high so I can play basket ball in the basement and all of the first floor living space is over a basement (no crawl spaces). check them out.

No worries. Cheap is not in our chromosomes. We're not going crazy, but the $400k-$500 range is where we're targeting. May go a little more if we need to in order to get the right lot. We've been saving for a long while to make this happen right.

400-500 range?!

Shit,look up Silvestri homes, custom home builder locally here, Italian family, built my parent's home and the owners worked closely with them during the building process, then my father built $250-300k homes with them under the name Silvercreek Homes, built probably 100 homes with them.

If you contact them, whoever you speak with, tell them to let Carlo know that Lance Steelesmith, Jim's son, recommended them to you

http://www.silvestrihomes.com/contact.php

Thanks Akula and everyone. Good input and what I was looking for absolutely. We are accounting for 1-2 acres of property so that's why we've considered the costs as we have.

We don't quite need 4000+ but perhaps a decked out 3,000 to 3,600sq ft plan. I want the biggest and best kitchen and baths along with a nice three season room too. That's plenty of space but quality and features account for a lot too.

I don't know how big of a lot you want but 400 - 500k will get you into 4000+ sq ft easily.

Schumacher has a really nice model on 23 right around the linnworth area. Actually they have 3, I built the Homestead but they have "the mac daddy" house right there too.

Like I said I am quite pleased with the construction, the framing crew took zero short cuts, poured concrete walls are an extra foot high so I can play basket ball in the basement and all of the first floor living space is over a basement (no crawl spaces). check them out.

Every time I pass that place (the one on the right if you're facing them) I keep thinking of ways I could come up with the money to buy (and furnish:( ) that house. If money was no object - It's the one I would build, hands down. When I was looking last, that house is about 300k-ish which would leave you with 100k or so in the budget for land. Like cars, houses are a very personal choice kind of thing - but I would second checking that one out for sure.