Going to look at a Sky Redline this week!

Minty Fresh

In my search for a fun DD, I'll be looking at the Sky Redline this week. :cool: Over the past few days I've been reading up on them, doing research, etc.....and they've grown on me quite a bit. My brother-in-law drove one of the regular models, a little while ago, and loved it....he said he was sure I'd like the Redline. If I end up really liking it....it could end up being the car I get next month.

What do you guys think of them?

http://picsorban.com/upload/skyrl1.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out what color I like the best on them too.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool lookin but id get a used m3 or 4.2 S4 before i thought about getting one of those.

i x2 the used m3.....much better buy.

Meh, M3's are cool....I really like them, but they've lost their appeal imo. Too me, they're not as inspiring as a lot of other cars out there. And...look to similar to the millions of other 3 series' that you see everyday. And if I was gonna get an M3, I'd probably say screw it...and just go for a new 335i.

S4 is another good car....but I could think of several other cars I'd rather have.

Is there still a waiting list for the redlines? Its the first saturn that anyone would call sexy. I think the car would be a blast.

It's not as bad as it was in the beginning....but they are still kinda hard to find. I think they've stopped taking orders for 07's...and started taking orders for 08's.

Aren't you too talk for that car?

seriously though they look great and I would say you should get a white one. Since your TA is black.

That's what I'm gonna find out. :o My brother-in-law is 6'0", and fit fine. He said it might be a tight fit for me....but you sit so low in the car. We'll see I guess. LOL

Yeah...White is probably the front running color for me...it looks great in White, and you don't see too many people with that color, even online.

Mike,

I know Saturn North is closer to you being in Westerville, but I highly recommend Saturn West in Hilliard. I worked there for 2 years and sold a "few" cars for them. Have Al Clapsaddle help you out. The man is a Saturn "guru" His family has had over 40 Saturns in his day and he can answer any question you might have. Scott Bean is the GM and a great guy along with the used car mgr Jody White. (if you are trading)

The Sky looks great and from what I hear, the Redline is a 13.5 second car out of the box. I'm 6'3'' though, so I dont fit very well.

Aren't you too talk for that car?

seriously though they look great and I would say you should get a white one. Since your TA is black.

I thought his TA was pewter, I see a pewter TA on Sunbury With tags that say MNTY FSH or something like that.

Mike,

I know Saturn North is closer to you being in Westerville, but I highly recommend Saturn West in Hilliard. I worked there for 2 years and sold a "few" cars for them. Have Al Clapsaddle help you out. The man is a Saturn "guru" His family has had over 40 Saturns in his day and he can answer any question you might have. Scott Bean is the GM and a great guy along with the used car mgr Jody White. (if you are trading)

The Sky looks great and from what I hear, the Redline is a 13.5 second car out of the box. I'm 6'3'' though, so I dont fit very well.

:cool: Yeah...I don't mind going far to get the car I want. Will give them a call. Thanks.

And yeah, it's a quick little car....with 228 RWHP out of the box, weighing only 2,900 lbs., it's got some get-up-and-go. Also, I've heard they handle really well....50/50 weight distribution.

:cool: Yeah...I don't mind going far to get the car I want. Will give them a call. Thanks.

And yeah, it's a quick little car....with 228 RWHP out of the box, weighing only 2,900 lbs., it's got some get-up-and-go. Also, I've heard they handle really well....50/50 weight distribution.

One last thought on this. All 3 Saturn Stores (West, North, Southeast) are owned by the same group. They share inventory all the time. If you like who you are working with, Al will find the car you want even if he brings it in from another store.

Just an FYI

I also work at Saturn West. I'm a tech here. The Redline Sky are pretty solid little cars. Have only seen one in here with a slightly major concern. There are a few quirks you have to get by though, clunky transmission when shifting and excessive injector ticking, which are both normal characteristics of the car.

I like the Sky a lot. Don't know how they are selling cost wise, as the main drawback for me would be paying sticker or higher, etc......

Car overall is pretty nice. Seems availability of the Solstice versions are opening up a bit. Tobin had about six of them last week. Sky's might be the same?

I like black on black....sharp as hell.

I agree that the Sky's (skies?) look better than the soltice IMO. Generally I have an aversion to saturns, just never liked the styling, but the Sky I would consider.

Im the same way, i've never liked plastic cars for some reason. I like the Sky alot more than the soltice though, it's got alot more chrome details but their tastfully done as well. Very nice car, goodluck with the purchase and post some pics when you get it.

EDIT: one thing I've always noticed is they have a very high window sill on the doors (think of a 3rd Gen Eclipse). So im sure it feels like you are sitting deep inside the car. Obviously is doesnt impare your vision in anyway, but if your a shorter guy you should definitly sit in/drive it to be sure your comfortable.

I never thought I would say that a Saturn was an attractive car, but damn these things look good. I like the angled front on the Sky better than the rounded Solstice front. I would vote black for the color, only because you could get some black wheels down the road and be all stealthy :cool:.

I didn't like the car at first but I have seen some while driving around and they are really growing on me. The best one i have seen was black with a black top with factory chrome rims and chrome grill. It looked very good IMO