fuel injector cleaner. . . does it REALLY work?

Slimpsy1647545505

Just curious. . . my throttle response hasn't been that great as of late and I was wanting to try some fuel injector cleaner. I've always been kind of skeptical of the "miracle additives" so I'm asking for those of you who have experience in using the product. . . and cause I'm cheap. . is it worth it? It seems to make sense. . . but does it really work?

thanks in advance.

-Will

Gumout makes a Throttle body foaming cleaner that works pretty well. take off your air cleaner,open butterfly and spray. that helped my TBI camaro when my gas pedal was sticking. if that doesnt work try doing a tune up and running some 94 octane thru it.

Guest 78novaman

Run a bottle of dry gas(water in the tank will make it run like ass), then on the next tank run a bottle of lucus or STP injector cleaner. I do this at least once a year to keep the mpg up.

Cleaning the throttle body is a very good idea too. Just be sure to get one that is friendly with electronics, aka DON'T use carb cleaner! I've heard good things about the seafoam but have not tried it myself.

I've had luck before with gumout fuel injector cleaner with old injectors. Putting that in on an empty gas tank after every oil change. It would work well until the next oil change.

Guest crazylady
you can get your injectors cleaned I know we had the machine at firestone (hooks into the fuel rail and feeds injector cleaner directly through the injectors without fuel)

we do not have the machine to do this at ntb though :(

I bet Shifflet has it. give them a call, they did this too my car and my gas mileage improved big time.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lewie06A3

Seafoam +1

buy 2 cans, dump half into crank case, dump other half into fuel tank. Suck other can through vacuum line into intake. After it's all sucked in, shut car off for 10 minutes. Turn car on, go for ride, enjoy James Bond smoke screen, dont' go over 3000 rpm's, seafoam thins oil out really nicely. Change Oil. Always change oil after seafoaming.