anyone work at vets office, or know someone that does?

evan9381

ive got 2 cats im going to need to get declawed soon, before i get my new furniture. i called the gahanna animal hospital, and the dumb bitch on the phone cant give me a straight answer...shes trying to tell me they have to have an annual exam, rabies shot, distemper, and a few other things, before they will declaw the cats. it came out to about 400$ for both. this seems ridiculously high, especially when the declawing alone is only 104$...these are both 100% indoor cats (theyre scared to cross the threshold of the door), so im really not worried about them getting something like rabies, or anything else stupid she reccomended

lmk if you know anyone i can talk to about getting this done

TIA

Check the spay/neuter clinic on South Hamilton Road right near Refugee. They charge something around $40 per cat, cheaper if they're getting fixed as well since they only have to put them to sleep once.

i think this is where i took the younger cat to get his shots since the place we got him from paid for it...is it in the shopping center behind the aquarium cafe? if so, i think they told me 140$/cat

ill look into bobby kahn. whats your name so i can let him know you referred me over?

Check the spay/neuter clinic on South Hamilton Road right near Refugee. They charge something around $40 per cat, cheaper if they're getting fixed as well since they only have to put them to sleep once.

There is another clinc right off of Sawmill road. They do everything from shots to de-clawing.

A lady I work with just had her cats declawed yesterday and said neither of them had rabies shots/the vet didn't ask.

where was that at?

i checked w/ banfield at petsmart, and they wanted 230$/each...fuck that

checked w/ easton animal hospital, lied and said all the shots were up to date for each, and they said 125/each, which is the best price ive heard...im gonna call the places mentioned on monday

We got our cat declawed at the Alexandia Animal hopsital. It was done like 3 years ago and I think they charged us like $94. We didn't have to get the shots or anything, but they did suggest it. I was living in Johnstown at the time so that worked for us.

We now take our pets to a vets office that is on Park Road in Worthington/Westerville, but I can never remember the name. They seem to have good prices on stuff for my dog.

Our vet is in Reynoldsburg right at the intersection of Main St. and Lancaster. I think it's called Reynoldsburg animal clinic/hospital... Anyway the # is 861-5755. It's more expensive than the spay and neuter clinic but they have always taken really good care of both of our cats. I had both of the girls fixed back in Feb and the price was $425. for both girls to get their yearly shots and fixed. We chose not to declaw them. Our neighbors dog tried to eat the younger of the two cats last year, so we want them to have some defense.(multiple skin graphs and medicine) Plus Kibbles and Bits have been on a killing spree lately. Three birds, at least four chipmunks, and six moles and counting.

BTW. The cheaper places some times do not use any sedation.

ha. unfortunately, the only thing my cats will be killing are a couple loose crickets from feeding the frogs.

now my old cat...he was a beast...we were outside one day, and he comes up with a small rabbit hanging from his mouth, bleeding a bit, comes up to my mom, drops it down, as if its a present for her, and as soon as he lets go, the rabbit went running. he went right back after it, it got across the road and he got it again. lol. 2nd time he dropped it my mom held him back and the rabbit got away

• 3 weeks later...

update...

called a few places reccomended that i was able to find #s for

spay/neuter clinic off billingsley - 250-330 PER CAT. no way

spay/neuter on hamilton only does up to 2 years old - 132$. they gave me a # for the place i went behind aquarium cafe for the older cat, they want 144$ for him...not bad

woman i work with said to call "pet lovers" at livingston/brice...sounds same as gahanna, telling me they need a check up (47$), declaw (184$), blood work (68$), pain meds (28$) and IV/catheder (47$)...this is for each cat...$750 for the pair. no fucking way

called alexandria animal hospital - 95$/each, and they have to use some special litter for a week. sweet

OSU animal hospital - 113$/each, same deal with litter

i guess whoever else is curious now has something to go off of