Movie Review: Knocked Up

CobraKevin

Summary: Allison (Katherine Heigl) makes a quality living working for E! Ben (Seth Rogan) is a pothead who sits at home all the time with his buddies getting high and hammered constantly, living off a one-time settlement check of $14,000 from like 10 years ago. One fateful night, Allison decides to go with her sister to a club and get wasted and have a good time. Allison and Ben end up crossing paths, hitting things off (sorta), going home and having a one-night stand. Allison finds out Ben's a lowlife (with his great idea of an online adult website) and really doesn't feel like talking to him again. Things change when she finds out she's pregnant. Allison decides to take a leap of faith and attempt to make the relationship work, as does Ben. Things obviously don't go as planned in a textbook case of "opposites attract", making for some nothing-short-of-hilarious comedy.

Pros: From the creators of 40-year-old Virgin, you can definitely expect a lot of laughs. Easily a movie you and the guys could spend a couple of hours laughing your asses off at, or a semi-romantic comedy the ladies should enjoy. Did I mention Katherine Heigl is gorgeous?

Cons: Definitely some slow parts, especially towards the end, Oh, and Ms. Heigl is never nekkid. :(

Conclusion: 4.0/5.0. While I wouldn't say it was one of the funniest movies of all time, there were a number of hysterical moments in the film. There was probably a straight 15-minute portion of film towards the end where I barely heard any laughter (in a PACKED theater), which kinda drug things on. If you liked 40-year-old Virgin, this movie is a must-see. If you never saw 40-year-old Virgin, shame on you. Go see both.

-Kevin