Fake Snake

TTQ B4U

did you take that pic? curious, because one of the columbus cops that patrol at one of the hotel i work at had a yellow v6 mustang with cobra emblems on it and he thinks its an actual cobra.. and i have argued with him till no end about it being a v6..

yeah, I happen to have a camera in the car and couldn't help it. it was over near the Aquarium Adventure off Sawmill Rd. Definitely a V6........... or a V8 breathing through a straw for an exhaust. :rolleyes:

did you take that pic? curious, because one of the columbus cops that patrol at one of the hotel i work at had a yellow v6 mustang with cobra emblems on it and he thinks its an actual cobra.. and i have argued with him till no end about it being a v6..

No doubt it's a V6.

First two things I notice about that car that scream V6:

1. No holes cut out of the rear bumper for the dual exhaust. ALL GT's that body style had holes in the bumper. All Cobras have "Cobra" in the bumper, not "Mustang".

2. The wheels. No GT or Cobra that body style came with those wheels from the factory.

Also, the black striping the runs under the door...VERY rarely will you find that on a GT. Never on a Cobra.

Granted, that guy could have went through a lot of trouble to make it look like a sleeper. But it wouldn't make much since to go through all that work just to throw a Cobra emblem on the back. :)

-Kevin

haha no wonder why my cobra walked your slobra..

I've said it soooo many times.

ported/pullied > unported, pullied, N20 tune.

Maybe it woulda helped if I had a V8. Or, maybe it woulda been interesting if I sprayed :cool:

I've said it soooo many times.

ported/pullied > unported, pullied, N20 tune.

Maybe it woulda helped if I had a V8. Or, maybe it woulda been interesting if I sprayed :cool:

you would of atleast been even, maybe edged me out if you would have sprayed that v6 :marc:

No doubt it's a V6.

First two things I notice about that car that scream V6:

1. No holes cut out of the rear bumper for the dual exhaust. ALL GT's that body style had holes in the bumper. All Cobras have "Cobra" in the bumper, not "Mustang".

2. The wheels. No GT or Cobra that body style came with those wheels from the factory.

Also, the black striping the runs under the door...VERY rarely will you find that on a GT. Never on a Cobra.

Granted, that guy could have went through a lot of trouble to make it look like a sleeper. But it wouldn't make much since to go through all that work just to throw a Cobra emblem on the back. :)

-Kevin

Kevin,

Not trying to be an ass or anything but technically.....

The 99 Cobra didn't say COBRA in the bumper. It was the normal MUSTANG bumper (like the 94-95 Cobra) with exhaust holes cutout. The only other differences are the tail lights and emblem. The 99/01 had the amber marker lights and the others didn't. 99 also has a different SVT emblem. No model year has ever had a snake anywhere but on the side fenders.... ;)

http://www.mustangspecs.com/carpics/99cobra6.jpg

99 was a bad year for the Snake IMO.

It came with the regular GT seats, wing, bumper, etc.... They didn't change it enough like previous Cobra's and people were pissed. That's kind of what implemented all the difference with the 03/04's.... :cool: