Good day at the track

koolrayz

Went to norwalk today for a track rental sponsored by buckeystangs, ls1gto and the charger forums. I have to say Norwalk was a HOOKIN mo fo. It was truly great.

It was a fun layed back day only half the 90 cars showed so it was a very nice day.

I ran the same tune with the same 75 shot jet I had in Sat night. I knew the car was running good that night just a little rich so i knocked a little fuel off of it and ran it like that all day. The car ran the same trap speed all day long, I was very happy with the cars consistancy. The bottom line was best trap speed was 129.94 (so close to 130 lol) Best 60' was A 1.51 Best et was a 10.47

My friend thats shaking out his new setup (stroked Z28) ran a 10.44 with a 75 shot footbraking. He was getting ready to drop the hammer on (transbrake and bigger jets) it when he had an electrical issue so he called it a day.

At any rate it was a great day, I have to admit norwalk was as good as I have ever seen it. Now its time to retune the car when the new 60# injectors come this week. Then I will be moving up to a REAL jet instead of the toy jet I have in now. I can't believe how well this new setup responded to such a small shot.

Ray, you still running a dry setup?

In 03 and 04 I ran a dry kit. In 05 and 06 I ran a direct port. I felt the direct port was not efficient, so I’m experimenting with a dry kit on an SD tune (no MAF).

here is a video that is posted on the GTO board ill post more links later. I beat that mustang he red lighted and I still beat him by over a second. the double wheely hurt my time. I have to get it to stop bouncing.

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/GTO1/Videos/Norwalk2007/?action=view&current=MVI_0304.flv

double click on it then click the box to make image larger.

http://jsehlmss.kicks-ass.net:9765/albums/album18/01_02_comp.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/rcmann/DSC00996.jpg

What are your suspension mods? Or is that too long of a list?

All Spohn parts, torque arm relocation off the transmission -2 degree. 1" sway bar, adjustable polyrod lower control arms, adjustable panhard, lower control relocation brackets, stock springs with airbags in the rear, QA-1 single adjustable shocks w/275#springs in the front regular QA1 in the rear. subframe connectors.

PA "K" member

In 03 and 04 I ran a dry kit. In 05 and 06 I ran a direct port. I felt the direct port was not efficient, so I’m experimenting with a dry kit on an SD tune (no MAF).

Wow, I'm behind a couple of years. Since I got the Z06 I haven't really kept up on the F-body crowd.

What software are you running?

I know EFIlive has the ability to run a seperate tune (like a valet mode, nitrous tune, etc.) off of a switch that is somehow tied into pin # 56(?) on the PCM. I'm assuming that's how you're running a dry shot in SD mode?

switch position #1 - N/A mode, normal tuning/fueling

switch position #2 - Nitrous mode, tune relatively rich from your nitrous engagement point, onward.

Or, are you just uploading a seperate tune everytime you spray?

Really just curious as to how you're doing it, and I'm thinking (typing?) out loud as to how I'd go about doing it (SD/dry shot).

Whatever it is, good luck with it. Sounds like more of a challenge than I'd ever care to take on. :eek::D

HPTuners. I have many seperate tunes for the car I almost always have the laptop in the car anyway so its no big deal to me. street, track, N2o, N/A thats four ill be messing more with the E85 so now it doubles. Plus I have a set of 60# injectors that will be here friday. So ill start all over again this weekend. I change my tune more than Anthony changes setups LOL.