Front Plates on exotic cars?

nicktcfcsb

Not everyone driving in Ohio is from Ohio. Indiana and Kentucky both don't require front plates. More or less, most people seem to run their front plate in Ohio.

I told the fucker at True2Form (half ass body shop in Dublin) NOT to drill holes for my front plate. They drilled the holes anyway, and even worse, the holes are crooked. So now I have a lop sided front plate that I'll be removing within a month anyway. True2Form ftl. Indiana ftw.

They did it because they are required to. I just did a collector mustang. And you know what? I drilled the bumper to mount a plate.

You need a front plate as long as the car is registerd in Ohio.No exceptions.I think you'll lose taking it to court as the law does not say all cars must have a front plate except Vipers becuse they do not look good with one.I hate the law and have received 2 tickets,one in Worthington.I actually had destroyed my frt plate in an accident and did not put it on after the car was repaired.A Franklin Co Cop did a u turn and pulled me over and ticketed me.

They just want the money, pay it and move on. Hopfully the officer that gave you the ticket was having a bad day. I don't have one on my car I have only got one, after I explained to the Highway patrol officer that he would lose in court if he wrote me for speed. SO he wrote me for a font plate. :) Sucks. I wouldn't put one on a Viper for sure!

Do I have to wear the front license plate?

Many states require both rear- and front-mounted license plates, which indeed detract from the front-end appearance of the Viper. To put it mildly. The truth is, the majority of law-enforcement officers won’t push this issue if you pass the "attitude test" upon being pulled over. Here is Washington State, I have personally approached three police officers to inquire about this. One said that since the Viper has no factory provisions for mounting a plate, it’s exempt. Another said the that although the law requires it, they simply don’t care. A third officer showed me the rule, which states that exemptions can be made in instances of low ground clearance (less than one foot from the edge of the plate to the pavement as well as if it interferes with the car’s ability to function as intended. Hey, airflow to the oil cooler is hampered by a front plate, as well as to the radiator. And these cars run hot in the first place, right? No further questions, your honor. For hard-core cops, keeping the plate visible in the front windshield is a secondary approach.

^from club viper^

Is this true that if you run one the car will run 2 hot?

how would he loose in court for speeed? just curious.

I got pulled over for it just 2 weekends ago, granted it was Memorial Day, so that may be why I got let off the hook. I got pulled over for no front plate, the officer(state trooper) asked where it was, I told him it was at the local audio shop where my car had just got a remanufactured head unit installed(which is a 100% line of bullshit), and the plate that was being displayed on my windshield was removied and not replaced. He baught it, then kindly asked me to go get it asap and either display it on the passenger side bottom part of the windshield or on the front bumper. Then he asked how much I had been drinking, I said, I have had nothing sir(which is 100% truth), then let me go, scott free.

Ty

The suction cups seem like the best idea....Yeah vipers run hot as crap anyway...but I see so many cars without them GD Gahanna follows me all the damn time, I have never had a speeding ticket or any other infraction they Profile like hell here

He never clocked me, and I was doing 65. I had witnesses with me that could testify that I wasn't speeding. This was in marion. He pulled me out of the car, and sat me in the froint seat and started to ask questions after he told me I was speeding and he would be writing me a ticket for that, I answered none of the questions and stated after I read the sign in the cruiser "you are being video and audio recorded"I asked to see the speed at which he clocked me at, and he refused to show me. I then stated I was not speeding, I have witnesses I was not speeding and I am going straight to the Marion courthouse to supponea the video and audio and I will be pleading Not guilty. I said nothing else to him. He then got out of the car and walked all around my car and came back and said well I guess I will not site you for speed today but I will site you for no front plate. I retorted "at least I am guilty of that offense." I signed it and left and paid the fine.

The cop was shaddy as hell. I saw him on the overpass sitting from very far away, he flew down the ramp going the oposite direction and only then did he clock me when he was almost side by side from me. He then fish tailed in the median and pulled me over. he straight lied and thought I was a punk kid.

They did it because they are required to. I just did a collector mustang. And you know what? I drilled the bumper to mount a plate.

That's bullshit. I could've found alternative ways to mount the front license plate without drilling god damn holes in my front bumper. They flat out don't give a shit about their quality of work.

Do I have to wear the front license plate?

Many states require both rear- and front-mounted license plates, which indeed detract from the front-end appearance of the Viper. To put it mildly. The truth is, the majority of law-enforcement officers won’t push this issue if you pass the "attitude test" upon being pulled over. Here is Washington State, I have personally approached three police officers to inquire about this. One said that since the Viper has no factory provisions for mounting a plate, it’s exempt. Another said the that although the law requires it, they simply don’t care. A third officer showed me the rule, which states that exemptions can be made in instances of low ground clearance (less than one foot from the edge of the plate to the pavement as well as if it interferes with the car’s ability to function as intended. Hey, airflow to the oil cooler is hampered by a front plate, as well as to the radiator. And these cars run hot in the first place, right? No further questions, your honor. For hard-core cops, keeping the plate visible in the front windshield is a secondary approach.

^from club viper^

Is this true that if you run one the car will run 2 hot?

Seems pretty logical

what my brother did on his rx8 was attach it to the sun visor with zip ties so that you can have it up and not see it but when u see a cop its easy to flip down. And from what i've heard its ok as long as its displayed in the front windshield.

This is one of the more interesting solutions that I've seen. Plate holder that mounts in the front tow hook location on the car. However I wouldn't rock this every day but if I knew I was traveling esp on say a holidy weekend it could be worth the effort to display a front plate to avoid any issues at those times.

http://www.moweraxle.com/index.html

I think Jon B at Partsrack sells a braket that semi clamps onto the front of your car. It takes seconds to take on and off. Drive the car around with out the plate, get pulled over, and tell the officer you just washed and detailed it(or otw to get it done) and just pulled the plate off. Show them the plate, and advise you can attach it right now if they want.

I've heard this works fairly well. Gahanna cops suck to deal with. Why I kick myself for moving to Blacklick instead of New Albany. At least from my experience in New Albany, they don't care. They just want peace in the city and don't want speeders.

Jason

Ok, I figured out the perfect solution for not getting a ticket for no tag on your Viper. Give me your Viper, that way you cant get any tickets because you will no longer have a car with no front tags. Haha

:zoom:

WTF!!! Thats weird my father n law was taking my wife into town last week in my GTP and they were going to nail him for my plate being in the windshield and not on the bumper! HE told him , well since its not your car I wont give you a ticket but then he looked at my wife and said I think you need to get your husband on the ball or next time I will impound this thing!! Its all a crock of shit!!

Your front plate has to be on the front most part of your car. To put it on your visor or in the windshield does absolutely nothing.

On F-bodies, you can't even put the plate on the air damn below the car. I've had friends pulled over with the plate down there.

I think it looks horrible having a plate on the inside of your car, plus it's really pointless.

Jason

Only time you can run one plate is if you register "Model Year" plates to your Historical Tags. You just have to keep the Historical Tags in the vehicle at all times. Only bad thing, the plate has to have been issued by the State of Ohio no later than 1974.

Link to the Ohio Revised Code:

http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/pdf_forms/4853.pdf