illegals got me

leez

Let me reword what I have been trying to make points on in my previous posts.

Don't you think that if a warrantless search of your car is done because you were pulled over for NOT breaking the law (example a DUI check where they are pulling over everyone) is a little out of line? I am also saying you were sober and showed no signs of probable cause, not speeding, nothing.

Regardless if you know the law or not (that is know when to say no to a warrantless search), don't you think it is out of line (if you are a cop) to use this to their advantage? Ya I know that not knowing the law does not keep you from guilt... and I am not saying it should. I am just saying that officers should not use the upper hand to do something that is an invasion of privacy? That is straight being a jerk in my opinion. I don't care if that is what they were taught when learning to become law enforcement. Its just plain mean to abuse your power. Do you feel otherwise? Maybe it isn't an invasion of privacy by other people's feelings. Maybe this is how we can better catch the bad guys, or the terrorist, or person X.

I understand "well this is how we caught person X". I just feel there should be other ways to find a lawbreaker then "trying" to search everyone that is pulled over.... or "trying" to search a certain looking person, as in their race or religion.

What you are describing is illegal. I was never talking about the police doing something illegal - I was talking about 'routing traffic stops' - speeding, running red lights, tail light out, license plate light out, that type of stuff.

Routine traffic stops do not mean random traffic stops - those ARE illegal.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO - 'Don't get Nifonged'

A new phrase, kind of like getting 'Borked'

Illegal searches boil my bloood, and isn't it funny that DUI checkpoints are legal whiel drug checkpoints are 'illegal'. WTF?

Don't even get me started on 'childrens services' and their effectively unlimited power.