Graphics people far and wide.... CONTEST

Casper

Alright folks, I want a new flier for Ohio Riders. Something 1/4 or 1/2 sheet that we can pass around at bike nights and other events this upcoming year.

The winner will get a prize. I'm not entirely sure what the prize is yet, but it'll be something good I promise.

So, anybody with talent want to make a flier? Post up your designs.

The mods and admins will pick the five they like best, then put those five to a board wide vote.

There really are no requirements other than they promote Ohio Riders, have the website address, etc. The font used for the logo is Magneto Bold.

Let's see what you talented artsy people can do.

PS: Anybody who posts some jackass sketch made in MS Paint will get their profile hijacked by me. :D

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a short deadline... Come people. I have no talent with art what so ever. I can touch my tongue to my nose tho :dunno:

A week is a short deadline?? If we need more time that's not a problem. I was just thinking a week was plenty of time.

Where do you plan on passing these out?
Alright folks, I want a new flier for Ohio Riders. Something 1/4 or 1/2 sheet that we can pass around at bike nights and other events this upcoming year.

Bike nights, dealerships, etc. A bunch of people from Toledo, Cleveland, Cinci, and Dayton have asked for these and I think it's a great idea.

I think it is a great idea too.I was thinking that once my f117a gets a new dressier apperance I could go to differnt bike nights around ohio(like cinnci or dayton).Maybe some of the ohio chapter might want to tag along.

I've been trying to do that. So far only hit up Toledo a few times. I want to do more stuff in the other cities this year as well.

So, anybody with talent want to make a flier? Post up your designs.

There really are no requirements other than they promote Ohio Riders, have the website address, etc. The font used for the logo is Magneto Bold.

Can people without talent submit too? :D

And, no more firm requirements than those huh? No specific information that is mandatory on there? Will these be printed in color or B&W?

Wouldn't it be easier to go around putting OR.net stickers on peoples windscreens (not with the sticker peeled, but just tucked into their windscreen)? It's got a mysterious allure to it. "OR.net sticker? Hmm, I should probably see what that's all about."

Kind of the 'less is more' thing.

hmmm let me think about this for a while....

What kind of info do you want on it? general, or similiar to the business card?

The sky's the limit. You know the site as well as anyone. When you tell people about it, what do you say? What information do you think we should tell people who don't know about the site?

Can people without talent submit too? :D

And, no more firm requirements than those huh? No specific information that is mandatory on there? Will these be printed in color or B&W?

Wouldn't it be easier to go around putting OR.net stickers on peoples windscreens (not with the sticker peeled, but just tucked into their windscreen)? It's got a mysterious allure to it. "OR.net sticker? Hmm, I should probably see what that's all about."

Kind of the 'less is more' thing.

I like the idea of just dropping off some stickers.....but that may get a bit pricey......but if we can still get the members to donate some cash for the stickers....

*hint hint* Not too subtle. :beating::D:D

Ok, maybe stickers would be pricey, but a flyer seems pretty obtrusive. I know I get a metric shitte-tonne of flyers at car shows and it's this club promoting this or that and the other thing. Great information, if you were interested.

Something small with just the OR.net logo and site address would probably be more effective and alluring.

Ok, maybe stickers would be pricey, but a flyer seems pretty obtrusive. I know I get a metric shitte-tonne of flyers at car shows and it's this club promoting this or that and the other thing. Great information, if you were interested.

Something small with just the OR.net logo and site address would probably be more effective and alluring.

I'm liking the OR.net logo and the site address....

I agree, but on the other hand, half the flyers you prolly get are big lettered, quickly made, and frankly boring. I havent gotten to many motorcycle related flyers either, let alone one that looks very professional. just my opinion tho.

I agree, but on the other hand, half the flyers you prolly get are big lettered, quickly made, and frankly boring. I havent gotten to many motorcycle related flyers either, let alone one that looks very professional. just my opinion tho.

Just the logo and address sounds boring me to. But I'm only one out of six who will be picking the top 5.

ben, can you post a hi res PNG of the logo

logo.gif

transparent background would be nice too... that one is just way too small to do anything with, and it gets all pixelated around the edges. needs smooth edges.

ok seriously... i just threw this together.

1z3wcok.png

i dont really know what it should say on it, so i just kind of made that up... ad copy is not the graphic designer's job. their job is to take whatever they say and make it look nice :)

it looks really tiny to me, but i think its just my resolution.

it should be about postcard size if you printed it.

also, the logo is very pixellated around the edges. i need a larger, smooth edged one to work with. i just copied the one from the top of each page. i can replace it easily, so get me that big one and ill fix it

Edited by John