Graphics people far and wide.... CONTEST

Casper

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Lizard's to an extent and Aaron's to an extent. Aaron's has too much 'white space' and Lizard's has too much type at the bottom. I think a merger of the two would make for a nice poster. Aaron has more hanging out than Lizard does. That gives me the feeling that this is a riding group as well as a social group. Ohio Riders likes to hang out as well as ride. This may or may not be my thing but that is the idea given. I think it is spot on. Lizard has a more diverse collection of bikes and that is also a good thing. (except there is no Buell :p) I think they should work together and come up with a winner instead of competing. Both ideas are very close to perfect. I think with a little collaboration they just might nail it.

Just my opinion. I asked my wife to mock up something and all she said was' date=' "Read the guidelines on my pricing page." [/b']

I think that's a "No!" :beating:

:lol: I tried to get a mix of a lil racing and get-togethers. But it was hard finding great pics. I agree about all the "white space" I actually meant to fix that along with some other stuff, but I got ADD and forgot till after i posted it :lol: I'll try and get another one out this afternoon and see if its any better.

ORposterfinsihedJ.jpg

Here's one, I may make a few more tomorrow..maybe switch out a photo or two for a cruiser and scooter. maybe a dirtbike if anyone has a nice action shot. I think whoever wins should include all different types of two-wheeled machines, but also some pics from group rides/trackdays/racing, get-togethers, and charity events. I think we're more then just people who ride together, and i think the pictures should convey that too.

Here are a few more with the same basic theme. I want to try something else, but I really like the black and the pics...

The first one is shown above in Isaac's post that is enlarged (thank you).

#2:

ohioriderslogo2vr1.th.jpgthpix.gif

#3:

ohioriderslogo3pl2.th.jpgthpix.gif

#4:

ohioriderslogo4vn8.th.jpgthpix.gif

Obviously, the pics can be removed and replaced, etc. Just an idea of course...

I like the 3rd one a lot. What if' date=' instead of different surfaces only, you used actual pics of members on those surfaces. Like, a shot of one of you hard-core race guys dragging knee at Mid-Ohio, another of a dirt rider getting roost, air or landing a jump at a local dirt track, and another of a member railing a corner on the street. PlayerPro's old avatar comes to mind. The one where he is knee dragging on that Honda. If members could post up some pics of them riding their bikes then you could have a bit more option. The hardest part of design isn't the design itself, it is coming up with material to use. I like where you're going but the current one looks a bit too corporate. If there were actual photos it would definitely look more personal.

C'mon guys! Give him some photos to work with. Digging through the whole photo library is a pain in the ass.

Here is a good photo...

[img']http://ohio-riders.net/photoplog/file.php?n=54&w=o

Actually, the first one that you like and the others with pics, have guys and gals from this board doing things in the dirt, track, drag, stunt and race. Even the street guys on there...

Shown:

Race - Drew Brenner

Track - me

Drag strip - Busa

Stunt (IN A CONTROLLED ENVIRONEMENT - not the street!!) - 12 O'Clock

MX/Supermoto - me

Street - don't have a rider in action, but there are pics with members' bikes on there

misc - Troy Racing's AMA team, Girls, member's bikes.

I just think a lot of shots of the parties and such are cool, but are in no way really showing the motorcycle side. Crowds where there are bikes and such and even that one with the banner I like seem to tell more of a story.

I just think this site unlike others incorporates a LOT of different talents and interests. Unlike the other Ohio board that really has a major focus on maybe two or three aspects, Ohio Riders has it all. Outside of Hill Climb... :D

Real quick note guys:

Photos like the one Sinner posted of his girl and his bike, the picture of Drew in the AMA magazine, etc all need to have permission from the photographer in order for me to print it. It has to be written permission. I don't want to get sued for copyright infringement.

Other than that, these are looking really good. Towards the end of the week I'll put them to a vote for the mods/admins. Then we'll put them to a vote publicly. They're looking really good though.

I don't think it has to be the photographer so much as the "owner" of the photos -- e.g. if BSinner paid for the masters, then he OWNS the rights.

Or, am I wrong?

The photographer owns the copyright unless it is a spelled out work for hire shoot or the photographer signs over the copyright. Generally the photographer should provide things such as a model release and an usage agreement.

With the photos of my bike....we have the orginals and the master disc. I can get the photogragher to email me a written permission....I know he will not care...

It has to be written/typed with his/her signature.

The photographer owns the copyright unless it is a spelled out work for hire shoot or the photographer signs over the copyright. Generally the photographer should provide things such as a model release and an usage agreement.

Exactly.

Without written (and signed) permission to print the photos, we could get sued.