My buddies 98 turbo tiburon

evan9381

I'm not to worried about what people say. My dad collects cars and I work with hime on them from time to time. He has a 1986 Porsche 911 Carerra, and his original 1968 Z28. I plan on sticking around and posting from time to time.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

- Ricey Wing

- Crooked Fart Can

- Fairly ricey GFX Kit

- Unpainted CF hood (that can and SHOULD be painted)

- Hood Pins

I wouldn't be too proud of that.

You don't have to be, its not your car. I appreciate negative criticism, it just makes me work harder to make it look better.

Guest sti06
I don't think it's as bad as people on here are making it out to be. It's not like there are a million stickers on it and the kit is a different color than the car. And the fact that it's not all show is a plus.

I'm not to worried about what people say. My dad collects cars and I work with hime on them from time to time. He has a 1986 Porsche 911 Carerra, and his original 1968 Z28. I plan on sticking around and posting from time to time.

You'd think liking nice cars would rub off on to you.......

- Ricey Wing

- Crooked Fart Can

- Fairly ricey GFX Kit

- Unpainted CF hood (that can and SHOULD be painted)

- Hood Pins

I wouldn't be too proud of that.

Usually I would be with you on all of this (still am on the hood pins at least), but I'm a bit more impressed overall with the look of the car than typical rice.

The wing isn't aluminum, and therefore isn't inately gay. That wing isn't much worse than an STi or Evo and actually complements the GFX, which really isn't that bad either. It matches the car, looks rather aggressive, and definitely distiguishes the car from other Tibbies.

The fart can is probably a little larger than necessary, even being turbocharged. But it doesn't look any different than the exhausts you find on any modded Supra.

I do agree that the car would look better if the CF hood was painted, but to each his own.

The overall idea behind rice is a car that looks fast, but isn't. Compared to 98% of Tiburons, this car is already a beast. Without some hard numbers, I can't comment in general how fast it might be, but I'm sure there's more tuning to be had.

-Kevin

P.S. The new wheels look much better imo.

Did you turbo it or the previous owner turbo it?

If it's not your work, I'd hardly call it "your own".

What does that have to do with anything? Do you say that to the WRX guys? Or the 03+ Cobra guys? Since Ford built your Ranger, I'd assume you know that it's not "your own" either, right? He paid for it, it's his. End of story.

What does that have to do with anything? Do you say that to the WRX guys? Or the 03+ Cobra guys? Since Ford built your Ranger, I'd assume you know that it's not "your own" either, right? He paid for it, it's his. End of story.

You're completely fucking stupid. You know what was meant by my statement, so don't be a twat.

Ford didn't build the engine in my truck, I did.

Did you turbo it or the previous owner turbo it?

If it's not your work, I'd hardly call it "your own".

Previous owner had a shop put the turbo on. The car was sitting for two and a half years before I bought it, at that time, I put on.

Perfect Power SMT6

Dual Rail Kit

MSD DIS II

Innovative LC1

Atelier HP Turbo Box

12" OEM BBK

Koyo Radiator

Shark Racing 268 Intake/Exhaust Cams.

Reworked some other small things.

So at this point, I can call it my own.

You'd think liking nice cars would rub off on to you.......

You would think nice cars would be rubbing off on me, but to each their own.

Usually I would be with you on all of this (still am on the hood pins at least), but I'm a bit more impressed overall with the look of the car than typical rice.

The wing isn't aluminum, and therefore isn't inately gay. That wing isn't much worse than an STi or Evo and actually complements the GFX, which really isn't that bad either. It matches the car, looks rather aggressive, and definitely distiguishes the car from other Tibbies.

The fart can is probably a little larger than necessary, even being turbocharged. But it doesn't look any different than the exhausts you find on any modded Supra.

I do agree that the car would look better if the CF hood was painted, but to each his own.

The overall idea behind rice is a car that looks fast, but isn't. Compared to 98% of Tiburons, this car is already a beast. Without some hard numbers, I can't comment in general how fast it might be, but I'm sure there's more tuning to be had.

-Kevin

P.S. The new wheels look much better imo.

I know some things on the car are gaudy. I work within my means on changing things. The exhaust is by no means nice to look at. But its there until I can replace it woth something better. Thanks for the comments too.

Previous owner had a shop put the turbo on. The car was sitting for two and a half years before I bought it, at that time, I put on.

Perfect Power SMT6

Dual Rail Kit

MSD DIS II

Innovative LC1

Atelier HP Turbo Box

12" OEM BBK

Koyo Radiator

Shark Racing 268 Intake/Exhaust Cams.

Reworked some other small things.

So at this point, I can call it my own.

Thank you, that's all I wanted clearified. I should have expected the usual pickle dick to blow a comment out of proportion and get all anal about a post. This is CR.

Nice car btw.

You're completely fucking stupid. You know what was meant by my statement, so don't be a twat.

The irony in your statement is golden.

Thank you, that's all I wanted clearified. I should have expected the usual pickle dick to blow a comment out of proportion and get all anal about a post. This is CR.

One other suggestion, before poking fun at someone by calling them a "linguistical magician"; you should learn to spell the word clarified. Why don't you go and get yourself a sticker for your rear window that says "Ramirez" or "Hector" in a nice Gothic font? K?

Why must everyone pick on people if there car isnt the same as theirs. Shit gets real old real quick. Not everyone has the same tastes in what they like. The cars different oh my god he sucks now and so does his car.People need to grow up. End of story.

QFT. amen

The irony in your statement is golden.

One other suggestion, before poking fun at someone by calling them a "linguistical magician"; you should learn to spell the word clarified. Why don't you go and get yourself a sticker for your rear window that says "Ramirez" or "Hector" in a nice Gothic font? K?

I've a suggestion. Research what linguistics is before commenting.

have you considered a slightly smaller turbo for quicker, more efficient spooling? as in one of my first post I wasnt trying to bash but the oil cap(radiator cap) comment was funny to point out, and on the other vid it didnt seem like it spooled to awfully quick. maybe consider something smaller it may not make the peak number you're looking for but its all about the power under the curve

Why must everyone pick on people if there car isnt the same as theirs. Shit gets real old real quick. Not everyone has the same tastes in what they like. The cars different oh my god he sucks now and so does his car.People need to grow up. End of story.

This coming from someone who owns one of the biggest bandwagon bang for the buck cars ever made... you know what that means? You have no taste of your own, you have to adopt someone elses. Is that why you got a Mustang? So no one would pick on you because it was just like thiers? Talk about self esteem issues... :rolleyes:

it doesnt take long to spool. 3000-3500is usually at full boost. as stated, that 45-90 pull seems slow because he started at 45, and 2nd doesnt even end until 60-61mph. it was just building the boost back up.

ill say though, it did have a nice pull to it. it put my head into the seat. i was pleasantly suprised

and yes, the "radiator cap" part was funny. it was early though, and we got the oil cap at the junkyard

This coming from someone who owns one of the biggest bandwagon bang for the buck cars ever made... you know what that means? You have no taste of your own, you have to adopt someone elses. Is that why you got a Mustang? So no one would pick on you because it was just like thiers? Talk about self esteem issues... :rolleyes:

Are you fucking serious? My mustang looks like nobody elses you fucking tool. I worked hard to make it different.