Best $15 ever

Science Abuse

Here's an Ebay ad for one like mine, the "Legend II":

http://cgi.ebay.com/KIRBY-LEGEND-II-UPRIGHT-VACUUM-CLEANER_W0QQitemZ120131425376QQihZ002QQcategoryZ43525QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]Any Kirby will do, though. The still make them in the same format, but new ones are insanely expensive.[/url]

Why so bad ass? Pics and BOLD text below if you want to skim.

Fuck'a drum impeller, these used a huge motor and a compressor wheel.

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/9392/suckit9.jpg

Why I'm posting, I wish I had a video camera.

A: I foundout it's self propelled. But that, I mean that when you take the bag off and turn it on, it generates enough thrust to propel itself across the floor...It weighs 20 fxing pounds.

B: So I thought I'd leave the bag off and suck up a Cheerio. I set the adjustable ride height as low as it goes and push it over the cheerio...or rather, I tried. I pushed, but it didn't move. I pushed very hard, it didn't budge. I tried to lift it AND COULD NOT, the carpet began coming up with it. I turned it of, and it rolled freely...right off of the oval that it left in the carpet. This thing makes enough vacuum to support it own weight if hung from the ceiling.

C: I adjusted the ride height up a bit and ran over the Cheerio...it hurt when it's fragments cam out the back and peppered my shin. The breeze coming out of this thing can be felt 15ft away.

If you ever see one of these at a garage sale, BUY IT.

not sure of the model, but my sister picked one up at that second hand store at Sawmill & Hard Rd. Less than $200 and it's like new. Has all kinds of attachements and stuff. It was a steal. She knew it as she's older and has seen many of them. My parents had them when we were growing up and in fact they have one now. it would prolly suck shit out of my carpet better left under the pad :eek:

Kirby FTMFW.

The only thing that ever wears out is the drive belt.

Also, if you have a long hair resident in your home, I would sugest taking out the beater bar and cleaning the bearings on the end, and hitting them with a little axle grease to keep them happy.

Kirby FTMFW.

The only thing that ever wears out is the drive belt.

Also, if you have a long hair resident in your home, I would sugest taking out the beater bar and cleaning the bearings on the end, and hitting them with a little axle grease to keep them happy.

qouted for the truth.

I just bought a brand new Kirby about a month ago. I also own a Dyson DC14 I will tell you the Kirby is a WAY better vacuum. Not that the Dyson is bad, but the Kirby is on a whole different level. I only paid $800 brand new for my Kirby with all the accessories.

This is the one I have.

http://www.kirbysentria.ru/aparat/kirby_sentria_big_BG2.jpg

My buddy sells Kirby's. If anyone is interested let me know and I can send him to your place to do a demonstration

lol....he sells vacuums