yo

Guest saturn

Guest saturn

I joined yesterday and figured I should give a little intro before I start posting or something.

I'm 22, living in Columbus (campus area), work at columbus state community college (in the IT dept), and drive a 2003 hyundai elantra GT (hatch).

not claiming it's a race car or anything, but I'm proud of the work I've done on it and it's a fun car to drive. would like to get into autocross soon.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/470885951_4d60f434b4.jpg

NGK iridium plugs & NGK wires

custom K&N CAI

strut bars & tiburon anti-sway bars

drilled/slotted rotors w/ organic (non-asbestos) pads

plus some other non-performance mods (louder replacement horns, yellow fog lights, short antenna)

want to get a catback when I'm not broke. maybe nicer rims/tires.

anyone here also on elantraxd or elantraclub?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know my buddy Bigmix is. He went to a sonta now. Sounds like your mods are not ricer really. (minus yellow fog lights ;). We do have a class room for intros.

I love that tag.

I have yellow fog lights MR. Man.

Welcome

What do you do in the IT dept at CSCC?

edit: moved. :D

:( sorry. They remind me of a truck. I got big huge fog lights. I get people who flash there damn brights at me all the time. Its annoying :( But I like the extra light adnt he external look so I can understand if you like yellow. It's just not my think.

Guest saturn

wanted yellow because it works better in fog and looks kind of nice. at least its not blue or red or something?

I know it's close to rice, but I really don't have any other visual mods. wanted to get tint eventually to keep me cool in the summer sun. the spark plug wires are blue but that's NGK's fault not mine. I have a NASA sticker on the back (adds about 15,000,000 HP).

IT dept here is pretty laid back and nice. I basically fix all of the IBMs, Dells, Macs and HP printers in a few buildings and one off-campus site in Dublin. we run on a Novell network.

sorry for posting in the wrong place - I went over all the descriptions but somehow missed the classroom!

as for "saturn drives a Hyundai" - my last name is saturn. Saturn (made by GM) cars are pretty crappy. sure Hyundai can seem crappy, but my car has never given me trouble. worst thing that ever happened is a thermostat (which is used in a lot of different brands of cars) failed and the car was running a little hot for about half a day. $5 at NAPA and it was fixed. hope I don't jinx myself now...

fogs are supposed to be yellow, it's not rice, yellow doesn't reflect as bad as white light. Thorne used to drive a turbo bettle, he should never talk about rice at all. ;) Thorne if you saw my Ion Yellow fogs, you will be jealous especially in the rain. My JDM Ion yellow fogs, + HID lights > any stock 02 bugeye setup. :)

keep in mind my fogs are the same size as yours Thorne. I don't have the USDM small ones. PICS

Night pics are on page 2.

Thorne you PM me with what you run Fri night as soon as you get home, I want scanned slips!

Welcome to the board.

I was wondering about the whole saturn thing as well. But you explained it :)

I wouldnt worry to much about what people say on the board. If you like your car thats all that matters.

Damn it I like them on yours space. I'm going to have to see them on.

I'm planning on changing my lighting system anyways.

I was thinking

Silverstars

Since when is changing your "lighting system" consisted of plugging in "silverstars"?

:wtf:

welcome to a racing forum where most people race their car, oh and i would not call plugs and wires mods.

I have NGK-TR6s, I think they were my best mod. Maybe if I got even better plugs, we could roll again.

Guest saturn
I wouldn't spend another dollar on that car for performance shit, but that's me.. welcome to the board maybe you'll learn something.

yeah maybe I should go out and buy a mustang or something...

EDIT: saw you have an SVX - awesome car. I was almost going to get one of these but I couldn't afford it.

im over here from EXD as well man...

one of these days we'll have to meet up to get that slave cylinder mod done for you. i still need to do mine as well

yeah definitely. also before I move away next year. have you done the mod on anyone else's car yet? or is it really that easy...

Guest saturn

I could, but then

1) I'd have the same car as every other guy my age

2) I'd pay twice as much for gas

3) I'd be driving a Ford

4) I'd attract negative attention from the fuzz/slutty girls/other guys my age

Guest sti06
I could, but then

3) I'd be driving a Ford

What's wrong with slutty girls? :D

I could, but then

3) I'd be driving a Ford

1) Not everyone has a GT.

2) No, it's really not that bad.

3) And your point is?

4a) A cop pulled me over and told me my tint was horribly illegal. He then proceeded to tell me my car looked amazing with it. Lastly, he drove away without even a warning.

4b) How is this a problem?

4c) I don't see much happening with this one either.

It's all up to you, I presonally just wouldn't drive/mod your car. Welcome.