Anyone want to rent out a small boat?

Science Abuse

On the top of a 1983 Mercedes 300TD wagon. Roof rack and all, just need it to not crush the car. The roof aught to be good for a few hundred.

As for out to the shoal, Oars or motor, whatever is available. Power is preferred, but I've oar'ed just as far. If there's weather, we'll just not go. There is a plan B spot:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=black+river+mi&ie=UTF8&ll=44.819351,-83.283577&spn=0.058569,0.172005&t=k&z=13&om=1

Much easier to get around and protected from the weather. But the wrecks out there aren't logged like the North Point area, we'd have to search for them. Hell, if you look at the west coast of Sugar Island on Google Earth, you can actually see a wreck of an old sidewheel steamer.

I've been on the big water many times, for many years, you wont have to worry about your boat. :)

i know a guy at my work thats got a little 14ft john boat w/ trailer, no motor...trailer tires need replaced and i think a rear tail light is busted. he only wants like 350 or so for it. if youre interested, ill get with him tomorrow

I'm lookink for de nuclear wessels!

Evan, I'd be all over that if I had space to keep it. If I buy a boat, it will have to be a Zodiac or something that breaks down.

16' canoe? That would be doable, though I challenge your "untippable" claim. ;) We'll be needing to get in and out of in 10-20ft of water, I dont see that being pretty. :) 48" is a hell of a beam for a canoe. My dad has been interested in getting a canoe, though, do you want to sell? The right price may get him interested.