Ohio talking E-check will your car pass????

MaverickGrabber1972

Guest Removed
What if the POS was a built 351 that was running 9's and the guy needed it to pass smog as his dd?

if i cant get it too pass the sniffer test, then tough shit.

then buy a older car.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK........

First off, statewide e-check is more then likely never going to happen.

Secondly, the few areas that do have e-check are losing it once the contracts run out. service centers are not willing to share the profit with the state so the state said no money no e-check.

Thirdly, we have a huge smog problem in columbus. If you pay any attention to the news you would know we have had 7 days already this summer with air quailty alerts.

Want to know more: http://airquality.morpc.org/

Joshua

SlowMotion Motorsports

I doubt that it will ever go state wide. We've had e-check up here for a long time and little by little it's been being eliminated as areas in the state have passed EPA air quality standards.

As far as what they do is if you have a ODBII port they only hook up to it and take readings. If not then they use a sniffer. They also use mirrors to check to see if you have cats.

lol this is funny... i worked at echeck for a year and a half best high school job i ever had..amazing the look on 40 year old guys with there corvettes and having some 17 year old kid driving his precious mid life crisis fixer.

as far as passing echeck there are so many ways around it...its not funny.

--spend 300 dollars on emission related parts..pass for free..just have proof the work has been done and receipts with the buisnesses number and name printed on the paper.

(egr,cat,fuel pump,fuel injectors,spark plugs,wires,ignitions,headers..etc..there was a guy with a mustang that literally everycar he had come in...he owned a dealer ship..suddenly on its first visit with every car came in wiht a new set of heads that cost about 150 dollars..every time .. lol)

-- if your car is not OBD2 able(aka 1995 and older)...just slam that bitch to the ground.. if we cant put it on the dyno we do an idle test is it literally impossible to fail...even with straight pipe.

-- awd cars...non OBD2..you luck out and have no possible way to do an dyno test your free and clear.. lean it out a bit and turn the boost down....havent seen a awd dsm fail yet..and most are running with no cat. at least in my area.

--Gas caps your kinda SOL...unless you kno soone who can rig it..or you undo the cap adapter before the test..if u hav a bad gas cap.. your screwed no real way to fudge it unless you have somone working at the station to help ya.

-- oh.. n e one with a motor swap done.. do not say n e thing to the people there.. most of them are asshats and tell you your sol and make you go to twinsberg to hav it inspected. and then u get into crap with legalization and what not... most of the time they dont know enough about cars to even know its not the right motor in it to care.

theres a few more ways but ive ranted enough.

as far as state wide goes if we go state wide we will most likly be going to somthing like PA has.. and if we do.. the quality of cars will jump tremendously... E-check does not work.. the piles of garbage still pass.

Air quality alerts exist because someone decided to set an arbitrary value.

We didn't have air quality alerts in the 80s and 90s not because the air wasn't as bad, or worse than it was now, but because they didn't exist.

Science has evolved and now we can monitor the quality of the air. The values set are based on protecting public health because health studies show ozone and particle pollution affect the respiratory and cardiovascular system. Just ask someone with a lung condition or someone engaged in physical outdoor activity if dirty air days have any effect on their ability to breathe.

Joshua

SlowMotion Motorsports

Science has evolved and now we can monitor the quality of the air. The values set are based on protecting public health because health studies show ozone and particle pollution affect the respiratory and cardiovascular system. Just ask someone with a lung condition or someone engaged in physical outdoor activity if dirty air days have any effect on their ability to breathe.

Joshua

SlowMotion Motorsports

Those values are based on politics - not science. That's what drives the EPA.

Don't believe me, look at the banning of DDT sometime.

--spend 300 dollars on emission related parts..pass for free..just have proof the work has been done and receipts with the buisnesses number and name printed on the paper.

(egr,cat,fuel pump,fuel injectors,spark plugs,wires,ignitions,headers..etc..there was a guy with a mustang that literally everycar he had come in...he owned a dealer ship..suddenly on its first visit with every car came in wiht a new set of heads that cost about 150 dollars..every time .. lol)

Or you can go to Autozone and buy $300 in parts, walk out, toss the recipt in the car, walk back into autozone and say nevermind then get a refund. Take said recipt in for a waiver, cost $0.

Or you can go to Autozone and buy $300 in parts, walk out, toss the recipt in the car, walk back into autozone and say nevermind then get a refund. Take said recipt in for a waiver, cost $0.

....we have to do a visual inspection to make sure the work ahs been done.. and if the recipet is from the same do or two days later... and u ahve spark plug wires on from 5 months ago... its not gng to fly..

you could pull that off with a fuel pump though.

....we have to do a visual inspection to make sure the work ahs been done.. and if the recipet is from the same do or two days later... and u ahve spark plug wires on from 5 months ago... its not gng to fly..

you could pull that off with a fuel pump though.

I bought injectors, kinda hard to check and see if they have been changed when they are under a cover. I was told the most often exemtion was for older cars and was a carb or carb rebuild kit since they are rether costly and hard to prove.

very very true....depends on the car really and whos inspecting it.... i liked to rain on peoples parade and catch people in lies alot... but hey it all depends most of the people dont know alot about cars.

very very true....depends on the car really and whos inspecting it.... i liked to rain on peoples parade and catch people in lies alot... but hey it all depends most of the people dont know alot about cars.

when we had it over here, they NEVER inspected for repairs just for cats.

I passed with a serious cam and no rear o2s. If you have an OBDII F-body and cant pass emissions, a MAJOR tuner of GM cars in PA can help. If I passed, you can!

I got my own car to pass, it's easy. You don't need to be a super tuner to make it happen.

no they only checked for inspection of shit when u try to waiver out with repairs.

not when your trying to pass regularly

I know, I got a waiver a couple of times on older cars and they never checked for repair parts once.

If it ever happens which I don't really think would happen I get to switch over to propane like the 4x4's in cali do. Before I go to that trouble though I'll see about making it magically becomming a `76 chevy truck. Hell its 98% chevy already.

Evan