Need a shop to work electrical magic

AI Coupe

LOOKING FOR A SHOP THAT UNDERSTANDS ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS.

Having a problem with my kids 89 GT fuel injection system. Just reinstalled motor after oil pump and shaft replacement and no fuel to the rails, AND no spark. Originally had no fuel pump power but have bypassed the relay and now OK.

I have been all over the connections, grounds and distributor module, all are OK. Motor turns over fine, but won't fire.

If anyone has any ideas please post 'em... if anyone knows a shop that specializes in electrical problems with Fox body Mustangs please let me know.

Thanks, Ron

LOOKING FOR A SHOP THAT UNDERSTANDS ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS.

Having a problem with my kids 89 GT fuel injection system. Just reinstalled motor after oil pump and shaft replacement and no fuel to the rails, AND no spark. Originally had no fuel pump power but have bypassed the relay and now OK.

I have been all over the connections, grounds and distributor module, all are OK. Motor turns over fine, but won't fire.

If anyone has any ideas please post 'em... if anyone knows a shop that specializes in electrical problems with Fox body Mustangs please let me know.

Thanks, Ron

Somewhere in the injector harness there may be a short. Turn key to on position and grab the harness and wiggle. If you here any clicking the short is somewhere in the injector harness. Also the white and black connectors behind the intake known as the "salt n pepper shakers" take apart and clean.

Also, did you make sure to re atatch the ground?

Does it prime the fuel pump when you key on?

If it does, then pull the distributor but leave it plugged in, key on and rotate the distributor, it should kick the fuel pump on and fire the coil, if not I suspect the hal effect sensor in the distributor is bad.

If it doesnt even prime the fuel pump when you key on then it is probably a more in depth electrical issue (or somthing else simple, lol).

Rob

Does it prime the fuel pump when you key on?

If it does, then pull the distributor but leave it plugged in, key on and rotate the distributor, it should kick the fuel pump on and fire the coil, if not I suspect the hal effect sensor in the distributor is bad.

If it doesnt even prime the fuel pump when you key on then it is probably a more in depth electrical issue (or somthing else simple, lol).

Rob

+1

Rob is smart listen to him.