New toy/winter project

CleaveTheGreat

A friend of the family passed away last week and as a result I inherited a 1983 Honda Odyssey FL250 atv/dune buggy thing. Its an old school 2 smoke engine but it should be fun once I get it running. Unfortunately, I broke the starter pulley today so I gotta put a new one in. If anyone has experience working on old 2 strokes and could offer some advice send me a pm. A few pics below.

2326418810091724813S600x600Q85.jpg

2120054600091724813S600x600Q85.jpg

2558359280091724813S600x600Q85.jpg

:mad:

Send Gump a PM. He used to have one just like it and had to wrench on it alot as I recall.

That one looks to be on very good shape. Its a good toy if you really hate your kidneys and want to kick their ass.

I'll hafta get a hold of him then. And yeah I've heard that the suspension is pretty much nonexistent on these things but that's ok.

That thing looks pretty nice for it's age. Old school 2 stroke should be pretty easy to get going. I would start with new spark plugs make sure you have spark, clean the mouse nest out of the airbox, dump some fresh fuel in the tank. Should be pretty fun with some snow on the ground.