S2000 push start with RFID

Janszen

I read through the thread on MR2 OC about the s2000 push button start and was wondering is there a way to go completely around the key ignition because I have found a RFID transponder on ebay and was thinking if you could route the igniton to the transponder and when the key gets close to the receiving end (which i would put in the center console on the drivers side becuase i usually have my keys in my right pocket) then the little led that comes with it lights up, you push the clutch and the start button lights up, push it and your off.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or any better ideas?

Ebay Listing

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRANSPONDER-RFID-KEY-FOB-proximity-detector_W0QQitemZ250136826489QQihZ015QQcategoryZ94830QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Look off what the new nissan altimas have. They have have a keyless push button start system.

I had a rental Altima in Orlando and it was TERRIBLE. It's got a big, bulky key fob that you have to place in a tiny bin on the left side of the steering wheel. WTF when I have to press a button on the right side? Why do I have to use the keys in the first place?

not sure if Nissan requires you put the fob in the ignition, but I've heard of Valets bringing cars around, the owner jumping in and then driving off without the Fob :rolleyes::eek: Believe it was a Caddy involved in the story I heard.

Look off what the new nissan altimas have. They have have a keyless push button start system.