Movie Review: Live Free or Die Hard

CobraKevin

In a similar fashion as "Bug", I'm not going to waste my time doing a typical review. However, in this case it's for the exact opposite reason. I was literally blown away, no pun intended. Easily one of the best movies I've seen in years, and most definitely jumped immediately to my Top 10 of all-time. I haven't really taken the time to determine what the other 9 are yet, but I know this would be one of them.

I just watched the original Die Hard yesterday for a little nostalgia and I'm a very big fan of Die Hard With A Vengeance (Samuel L. Jackson is the shit), but this movie was absolutely incredible. Probably one of the best Action/Comedy films since Full Metal Jacket (I was seriously laughing out loud numerous times, as was the rest of the theater) and the plot was actually amazing as well (and terrifying at the same time). Justin Long (Jeepers Creepers) is hilarious, Bruce Willis obviously still has it, Mary Elisabeth Winstead (Final Destination 3) is quite attractive, and Timothy Olyphant (Girl Next Door) is all-around awesome. Oh, and Kevin Smith is in it (Silent Bob ftw).

The only slight gripe I had with the film was the fact that there were more than a handful of incidents that were obviously unrealistic. But hey, all for entertainment purposes, right?

5 out of 5, no questions asked. See this movie...or...just...I don't know. Just go see it.

-Kevin

I concur; I think it was the loudest movie I have ever seen. As far as an action/comedy this will be on the top or near the top of that list for me.

Edit: As for the plot, I didnt watch any previews so I was got way off gaurd and was plesantly surprised.