Ever taken SR-31 to US-68 to get to Toledo?

excell

I'm driving to Toledo, but I need to make a stop in Marysville. MapPoint is telling me to take SR-31 from Marysville to US-68 which will connect back to SR-15 in Findlay.

Ever taken this route? What kind of speed limits, towns, and non-efficient bullshit can I expect? Am I better off back-tracking and going up US-23?

Thank you. :)

Not a bad road, 2 45mph towns (Bahalia and one other), then Mt Victory is 25mph, Kenton is 25 in parts. Once you pick up 68 in Kenton, the road gets a little wider, Dunkirk slows you down a bit, but not bad.

Some truck traffic on 31, dont plan on going 60+ very much. If you are already in Marysville, go for it. Running 42 back to 23 is not going to net you anything, especially after all the lights and speed limits.

same exact route....can't remember too much detail, but I did note in my log that it took 2hrs 10min. IIRC it was mostly 55pmh on SR31 and SR68. It's slow going through Kenton, but it's only becuase it goes down to 35mph and then 25mph through town. Couple RR Crossings I know as I got caught at one, but it was a simple 20 second delay.

Add about 20 minutes to that if you backtrack up 23N. BTDT too.

Good info. Tim, I knew you'd chime in. :) What's BTDT?

2hrs 10min isn't bad, sounds about the same amount of time to take 23N and one doesn't have to deal with Delaware.

BTDT, my lazy way of Saying Been There Done That......I drive all over the damn place and always try new and sometimes purposely scenic routes :D

The only downside I had on that was when I remembered my GXP doesn't have a spare tire :mad: and I was worried about being in the middle of no-where....well to me anyway. I usually drive the Corporate limo but when going to Toledo and Detroit, I wanted to bring the fun car :p

Good info. Tim, I knew you'd chime in. :) What's BTDT?

2hrs 10min isn't bad, sounds about the same amount of time to take 23N and one doesn't have to deal with Delaware.

prolly not worthy of a "good alternative" to Toledo from Cbus but certainly one that works. Especially if you're in Marysville area. If I were going during the 4th of July week, I might since 23 will be loaded with cops and air partrol :D but then I would watch for the sheriff cars and troopers north of Marysville.

Be sure to drive something that can get around the occasional semi or slow driver you may end up behind. Especially coming out of the po-dunk towns along the way. I got behind one yesterday coming back from Sidney, Ohio on 33 :rolleyes: 45-50mph in a 55 zone....Passing her in a 3.3l Town and Country...I could have got out and put the van on my shoulders and ran around her faster....but I eventually made it :p

Dublin to Toledo through Marysville up 31/68, 2.5hrs. If I take 23 up there through Marion it will run me abou 15 minutes more.

Both are faster than taking 23 to 15W to 75N especially with all the semi's on 75N. Depends on exactly where you're starting and ending in Cbus and Toledo though.

Cool, I think I'll try it then. Would you consider it a good alternative to US-23 during peak travel times?

<----- from kenton

It takes me about 50 min to get from the dublin area to kenton.

It also takes me exactly 24 min to get to findlay from kenton (had summer class there last year)

Hope that helps. I dont go to toledo often so i cant really help there. I would say it should take about an hour 1/2 though.