Ohio Riders 2009 Indy MotoGP Group Ticket Deal

Casper

Just a little advice. Dont buy tickets till you get there! Last year i payed 100+ $$$$ and a buddy got all 3 days for $60 from one of the ticket guys outside. Also if you want to camp go to the little neiborhood near the track and park/camp in the locals yard for $30 for all 3 days. I am not going to spend more than $100 on anything this year.(not including alch lol)

:nono:

Of course you can buy tickets from scalpers..........

That's like saying don't buy tickets for a concert because you can buy them cheaper from a scalper. I personally enjoy knowing that I have tickets, they're not fake, and with the group buy we get to sit with everyone we know. And to top it off, they're great seats.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why i say this is because allot of my friends didnt go because of the cost involved. Plus i didnt really sit anywhere and walked around most of the time so where the seats didnt matter too much. By all means if you want the security of having good ticks buy them in the group buy! Me i need to be cheap about it because i have a new baby on the way and will be here on Aug 16th(my birthday too lol)

Why i say this is because allot of my friends didnt go because of the cost involved. Plus i didnt really sit anywhere and walked around most of the time so where the seats didnt matter too much. By all means if you want the security of having good ticks buy them in the group buy! Me i need to be cheap about it because i have a new baby on the way and will be here on Aug 16th(my birthday too lol)

If you just want to walk around, you can buy general admission tickets for only $75.

• 2 weeks later...

The group of guys I ended up going with last year did just that. $75 3-day general admission and we walked around and stopped at a couple of the grass banked section and watched. Did you guys have a covered section last year - all I know is we got wet :) We flew out so no bike either. Most likely it'll be the same this year. One buddy already purchased his tickets.

Just an advice for the people who can't decide until the last moment.......

1. You can buy 20 bucks day admission to see the practice...you can't buy that on race day.

2. You can buy that 75 bucks three day general admission ticket (on site) which is valid on the race day as well. There are huge general admission stands on both sides of the front straight and you can stand withing 50 feet of the starting grid, yes with a GA ticket, you will see the front and in good weather they can push 200mph there but you will not be able to see the turns unless you walk around.

Last year we had stand E ticket but I came down to the main GA stand (it was covered to avoid that rain)

Here is the track map

http://www.redbullindianapolisgp.com/content/General/Track_Map/1

See the track map the blue A and C section are GA area (with cover) and the area opposite to C (other side of the track) is also GA. These areas are good to see the start and the front straight fly by. The outer corners also have some GA areas (in blue) if you want to see the turns these are great. They don't have any covers

The pictures below are the GA stands on race day, both sides of the track are the GA stand and there is the starting grid withing 30 feet of you.

DSCN2198.jpg

DSCN2129.jpg

Edited by Kosmo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm probably gonna go, in which case there is no way I'm getting a room by myself, so hit me up if anyone wants to split one. Or I'll even sleep on the floor of someone else's room, I'm not picky.

• 2 weeks later...
Is anyone gonna ride? I know that is a long way to ride on a crotcher but some people are insane.

That ride is nothing! Plus, there's some nice backroads that curve south then back up north to Indy.

I'll be riding the Ape there.

That ride is nothing! Plus, there's some nice backroads that curve south then back up north to Indy.

If you want to ride a bit that weekend, gimme a yell. I'll show ya a great ride to do. I'll probably be riding in the country on Friday or Saturday - any and all are welcome to come along.