water softener

Akula

I have a well at the new place that has really hard water.

Anyone have opinions on this subject? I thought about Kinetico but sticker shock took over and $5000 seems a bit high. Puritec isn't nearly that expensive and seems to do the same thing for 1/2 the price of kinetico.

x2....my folks have one from sears that's gotta be as old as me....well, close, and it still works and their water tastes better than ours for sure. funky taking a shower there though....can't rinse the dang soap off :D

Just go to sears and pick one up. You dont need all the shit they are going to try to sell you.

I just picked and new one up from sears cost me 600 installed myself and have wonderful water.

x2....my folks have one from sears that's gotta be as old as me....well, close, and it still works and their water tastes better than ours for sure. funky taking a shower there though....can't rinse the dang soap off :D

That slimy feeling its so weird. My wifes parents had one of those. I never thought to take it when they moved.

I do water treatment. I'll pm you my phone # Please dont just buy a unit. I can come out and test your water to figure out what you need. If you don't have any treatment in the house look to spend at least $800. The Sears units dont hold up like they used to. about a 5 year turn around. For just a little more money you can have a much better unit that will use less salt and last a hell of alot longer.