police takedown...

HotCarl

Thats the same thing I do. Been doing it since I was 14. Gotta be careful you can break the hyoid bone.

looks like a good way to get countered into an nasty arm bar... i wouldnt do it. In close combat, the same rules apply as for say, handeling a crocodile... the worst thing you can do is expose a limb, and an extended arm with a locked elbow is a beautiful one. Doenst get much prettier than that for an arm bar.

looks like a good way to get countered into an nasty arm bar... i wouldnt do it. In close combat, the same rules apply as for say, handeling a crocodile... the worst thing you can do is expose a limb, and an extended arm with a locked elbow is a beautiful one. Doenst get much prettier than that for an arm bar.

Indeed.

the policeman really didnt use the escalation of force rule here. Could have tooking care the situation in alot different manner. I understand he had his hands in his pockets ok maybe he is hidding something but whatever

the idea was right, but his technique was wrong....he was not nearly close enough, lunging like that is very poor. way overkill of a move for the situation. we called that a Tiger Grip and it's meant to be more of a strike that's windpipe breaker vs a takedown method :confused: what happens in Vegas.....gets put on the web.

Indeed.

the policeman really didnt use the escalation of force rule here. Could have tooking care the situation in alot different manner. I understand he had his hands in his pockets ok maybe he is hidding something but whatever

How so? he gave him fair warning, twice. While he wasn't neccessarily combatitive he was exibiting passive resistance which is just as bad. All the guy had to do was step over to the car and take his hands out of his pocket but he had to act like a badass.

I guess i should have made that statement. I wouldnt lung for someone from 5 feet away. It normally face to face. They dont have time to react. Grab them take them to the ground and hold them. When their face turns purple, ask them if they want them to let go. When the respond (which they wont, they cant breath, and there is no blood flow through the neck) say "I didnt hear you, can I let go now? Wait a few more seconds then flick your pointer finger as you break your grip. Work everytime. Never had a problem after that with the person or anyone standing around. If who every is standing around tries to interfere there is a possible chance you may break something. Most people get smart when you have there friend on the ground turning purple.